• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Haul Flight

Chill

Next week I am off to Tobago for a friend's wedding, does anyone have any tips for surviving the flight?

Before my Sleeve I would have had haribo, starburst etc to keep me from the boredom, although my longest flight before this has only been about an hour! but also eating the in flight meals as not sure what to expect from those either!

starryeyed

I think most aeroplane meals have some form of protein so you can pick at it. Sweet snacks I usually have are

- fibre one brownie (they are tiny but so good)
- yoghurt covered strawberry pieces or raisins
- chocolate covered rice cakes

If you do fancy anything chocolate for the flight it's great that supermarkets do mini portions now.

If you still fancy starbursts etc split them with someone else and limit yourself to only a few

Airports also sell sugar free boiled sweets :)

Hope that helps with a few options x

SAM55

Next week I am off to Tobago for a friend's wedding, does anyone have any tips for surviving the flight?

Before my Sleeve I would have had haribo, starburst etc to keep me from the boredom, although my longest flight before this has only been about an hour! but also eating the in flight meals as not sure what to expect from those either!
A good book! We need to be managing boredom with things other than food, and particularly sweets!!

elizaxx

I try not to focus on food as entertainment now, so I fully charge my tablet, and watch a long film/couple of films, or a TV series, and bring back up books/mags. I will just have my normal meals, when I would do anyway, and if thats the aeroplane food, I'll eat the protein and veg, and then see how I feel :)