• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long term and feeling a bit better!

emma-louise

my new life!!
I've been suffering with wind pains and bloating for a long time now,but I've finally found relief(fingers crossed) by making sure I'm taking my lanzaropasole tabs every morning.
I'm still getting the odd twinge,but it's a lot better!..

Hi Emma, I still take mine 1 year out, morning and tea time, do miss odd one and can tell I have not taken them, hope they help and hope your ok xxx

I'm glad too,

At times I was starting to regret my bypass as I would be in terrible pains.
Hope chrisa is ok now too x

How far out are you hun, I had awful probs at the start, but have settled now, my fault is I eat too quick still x

BEXS99 said:
How far out are you hun, I had awful probs at the start, but have settled now, my fault is I eat too quick still x

I'm 2 yrs and 3 mths out
I've just had bad troubles with wind/farting!!!and bloating..lol
It's been awful x

Glad you're feeling better EL. At this precise moment I am in terrible pain and my stomach has swollen so that I look 8 months pregnant. I haven't eaten any flour or gluten so don't know what has caused it. The belt on my dress is too big but I've had to undo it because it's cutting into my waste.
I don't think I've ever had those lanzaropasole, unless they are the stuff I had for a month after surgery that's supposed to protect against ulcers. Is that it? I remember at the time that everyone else seemed to have it for life. My hospital don't give you B12 either !

Okay- have reached the 9 month mark now and will have to lie down !

Miss Tickle said:
Glad you're feeling better EL. At this precise moment I am in terrible pain and my stomach has swollen so that I look 8 months pregnant. I haven't eaten any flour or gluten so don't know what has caused it. The belt on my dress is too big but I've had to undo it because it's cutting into my waste.
I don't think I've ever had those lanzaropasole, unless they are the stuff I had for a month after surgery that's supposed to protect against ulcers. Is that it? I remember at the time that everyone else seemed to have it for life. My hospital don't give you B12 either !

Okay- have reached the 9 month mark now and will have to lie down !

Lol..
Yes the lanzaropasole are the ones you take straight after surgery to stop the ulcers.
But a while back I spoke to a baratric nurse to ask for advice as tummy just didn't feel right and she said to carry on taking them.
But in all honesty I cannot remember if told these tabs are for life anyway along with vitamins.
And I too looked pregnant when i get the bloating!

Thanks Emma- I'm going to ask my gp what he thinks about those tabs. do they help with the bowels by any chance. I am permanently constipated. Not good.
Yay Bex !!- you haven't half changed mate. Looking very excellent. Well done on the weight loss. I

Miss Tickle said:
Thanks Emma- I'm going to ask my gp what he thinks about those tabs. do they help with the bowels by any chance. I am permanently constipated. Not good.
Yay Bex !!- you haven't half changed mate. Looking very excellent. Well done on the weight loss. I

Hi
Can't say they help with bowels,I seem to go to loo even more now,even though I eat less...strange

Hi Emma yes I am fine just making sure I have my 2 buscopan each mornign is keeping it at bay for the time being. The other Sunday when I was bad when I was out with friends I had some chewing gum I wonder if thats what started the windy pains off? Never had it since but know some people chew it regularly. Any way am much better sounds like you have yours under control for the time being as well so fingers x for now we are happy n healthy.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering Mrs T fortunately I get the pain and the wind but no bloating as such but cant bear any pressure on me tum when that starts. Hope you get it calmed down xx
?

I was advised never to have gum post op even without the possibility if swallowed of blocking the entrance or exit to the pouch the chewing makes us swallow air & create problems just as eating to fast does the same & sucking through a straw. I know somedays from the growls I get from my innards after I've eaten that without my omeprazole & mebeverine I'd be In trouble. Some days the kids I teach complain of hearing it grumble & go. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well when I was unwell the other weekend I was out with the girls I had had chewing gum and drank with a straw so no wonder my belly was bad. Silly girl will not do that again. xx

I took the lansaprazole for 3 months then stopped as instructed by the surgeon... I have to say I don't suffer from bloating or pains in my tummy...but will rememeber to check with the GP if it does occur to restart taking them again as an option :)

I do get gas and it can get uncomfortable, but usually I find its because I'm constipated and a coffee tends to sort that.

I've been suffering with wind pains and bloating for a long time now,but I've finally found relief(fingers crossed) by making sure I'm taking my lanzaropasole tabs every morning.
I'm still getting the odd twinge,but it's a lot better!..

I had a rare episode of this the other day and ate Activia yoghurt. Worked a treat! :D

I like activia yoghurt or used to but when I LOOKED AT THE FAT FREE IT WAS HIGH IN CALORIES N SUGAR, I put it back. It is good for the tummy didn't dare buy it when I saw what was in it case I dumped I dumped on fresh oj pur as well the other day. xx

Back