• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Almost Regretted it...

Ems73

Had my op last Thursday and I have to admit for the first few days I kept thinking "what have I done?". I seemed to be v uncomfortable and felt so sick and gassy, and so so thirsty especially at night. maybe I had just made the craziest decision of my life, and one with very long term implications.

Well I'm Day 5 now and feel so much better, I'm starting to see the positives. fingers crossed this is the start of my new life, and one that isn't completely controlled by food. I know I have a lot of work to do in my head to conquer my food demons, but I feel I am finally on the right path.

So onwards and upwards and now off to have some soup x

i think alot feel like that at first hun god luck on your continued journey ........... i wish i felt thirsty i never drink enough xxx

Hi Ems,
I am pre-op but know after any op you feel rough for a while. I am glad you are now feeling better and more positive. Just think how wonderful it will feel to be dropping those pounds! Good luck and keep trooping on.

Linski

Good luck Em, it's a shock to your system, but with rest and building up and feeling stronger everything seems better... and it's a chance for sensible eating habits and a healthy regime ahead... what an opportunity!

Love and hugs Angel... good luck xxx

Hi hun I felt exactly the same,first thing i thought was why the hell could you just not eat healthily and not have had to resort to surgery!Im 14 days out and feel great,the first week seems the hardest,week two is a lot better and when you are on week 3 like me everything falls into place!Maz x

I regret my bypass alot of the time

Hi
Glad your feeling better,
In the early days it's very tough, but once the weight starts dropping off and you can start leading the life you've always dreamt off you will realise it was the best decision you have made x
I too was always thirsty at night, I would take a sports bottle to bed with me x

I think what you are experiencing is normal and more so it's ok ! The mind and body has a fabulous way of adapting and if you would have told me 4 months ago that after my op I wouldn't feel hungry and would , for the first time in my life, be choosing to have healthier and smaller food portions, I would have said you were mad ! I'm sure that there will still be ups and downs for all of us but the important thing is that you have made that choice, you know it was the right thing, there will come a time that you will never regret what action you have chosen. Good luck with the rest of your journey Hun x

Had my op last Thursday and I have to admit for the first few days I kept thinking "what have I done?". I seemed to be v uncomfortable and felt so sick and gassy, and so so thirsty especially at night. maybe I had just made the craziest decision of my life, and one with very long term implications.

Well I'm Day 5 now and feel so much better, I'm starting to see the positives. fingers crossed this is the start of my new life, and one that isn't completely controlled by food. I know I have a lot of work to do in my head to conquer my food demons, but I feel I am finally on the right path.

So onwards and upwards and now off to have some soup x
thank you Ems for your honesty. i am due to go in for my 3rd bariatric surgery hopefully soon and its so nice to hear that someone thinks and feels the same way i do.... good luck on your journey x

Hi Sue,

My name is Suzanne and I am considering surgery any time soon. Why do you regret your Bypass?
x

Heya, I had my band put in 3 days ago and the first few days i was thinking what have i done! im in so much pain! But im glad to hear you are feeling more positive, it has given me hope! :)

JigglyPuff87 said:
Heya, I had my band put in 3 days ago and the first few days i was thinking what have i done! im in so much pain! But im glad to hear you are feeling more positive, it has given me hope! :)

I am 2 weeks on now and I am virtually back to normal, odd twinge, and some bruising round my port hole, but that's it. It was horrible feeling so sick, but then again I think you should expect that after having stomach surgery, but for some reason I didn't?

It just gets better and better

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back