• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter from hospital and a bit worried

emma-louise

my new life!!
In the past I've had problems with wind pains/bloating that generally starts itself off when I've been bending and doing strenuous activities like gardening(with lots of digging)painting when I'm stretching a lot or drawing and having to bend and sit for a long period of time.
So on my last visit to hospital with my 2+ years check up I mentioned this all to a consultant.
And my problem was going to be discussed at a doctors meeting.
This letter I received saying several doctors have agreed I should be seen by a baratric surgeon to check my discomfort isn't be caused by a part of the bowel twisting on itself.
I am worried now,as things ivd read on this isn't very good..
Has anyone had any experience of this at all?
To put my mind at ease?

chrisa

Well I think its bout time they did check it out for ya and as you know I have suffered similar on occasions just not as much as you, however it is what we have always thought that the bowel is twisting in onitself.I am only pleased that they have finally recognised thta you have been struggling don't be worried just go and see what its ll about, keep us informed. When is your app?

Yvessa

No experience hun, but didn't want to read and run. Hope it is nothing serious and that they sort things out quickly.

penelope1008

Appreciate its scary but at least they are addressing your concern & are being proactive in finding out if its a problem they can sort or what's triggering it if its not medical. As Chrisa says when's your appointment? If its not soon perhaps you need to contact them regarding your obvious concerns & get some reassurance.
Hugs & positive vibes for you.

rickysmrs

Just wanted to wish the best of luck with their investigations xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi all,

Not sure when appointment is they are going to send for me,this letter I got first was the outcome of the doctors meeting and the best course of action.
Trying to put it to back of mind it's hard though,
I'm in 2 minds to tell mum about it as she never wanted me to have this op done in first place,but constantly told me to lose weight.

chrisa

I wouldnt tell her till there is something solid to say at the moment it is just an investigation which may lead to nothing at all. Time will tell, doesnt sound like they are treating it as serious seen as how they have no date set yet. Probabaly not sure bariatrics is still relatively new, even the surgeons/consultants dont have all the answers we only have to look at Scooter and Sicknote to establish that much. So don't worry they hopefully just can tell you why and probabaly nothing they can help with so just carry on as before. We ahve managed this far. xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
I wouldnt tell her till there is something solid to say at the moment it is just an investigation which may lead to nothing at all. Time will tell, doesnt sound like they are treating it as serious seen as how they have no date set yet. Probabaly not sure bariatrics is still relatively new, even the surgeons/consultants dont have all the answers we only have to look at Scooter and Sicknote to establish that much. So don't worry they hopefully just can tell you why and probabaly nothing they can help with so just carry on as before. We ahve managed this far. xx

Thanks chrisa,
Can always count on you to make me feel easier x

penelope1008

My guess it will be an endoscopy to check things or a barium meal. Neither particularly pleasant but not to invasive & may just pinpoint the possible problem. But that's pure guess work on my part with very limited knowledge so may easily be talking total rubbish. As I say phone for clarification & reassurance. As for telling anyone else until you know what & when there's not a lot to tell just other people to worry or worst case say I told you so. In the mean time you have us on here to support you as much as we can. Hugs & peaceful positive blessings & thoughts are sent your way.

emma-louise

my new life!!
My guess it will be an endoscopy to check things or a barium meal. Neither particularly pleasant but not to invasive & may just pinpoint the possible problem. But that's pure guess work on my part with very limited knowledge so may easily be talking total rubbish. As I say phone for clarification & reassurance. As for telling anyone else until you know what & when there's not a lot to tell just other people to worry or worst case say I told you so. In the mean time you have us on here to support you as much as we can. Hugs & peaceful positive blessings & thoughts are sent your way.

Thanks Penelope x
Will just keep to myself for time being x

penelope1008

Only if that's what you feel you want to do. Just because I suggest something please done feel you have to listen go with what feels right for you.

emma-louise

my new life!!
Only if that's what you feel you want to do. Just because I suggest something please done feel you have to listen go with what feels right for you.

Don't worry Penelope,
When I read the letter over weekend,I knew it was best to keep to myself until there I know for certain what I'm dealing with.
It's just nice to come on here and share my worries!..or I'd drive my partner nutty.

emma-louise

my new life!!
I recieved a phone early this morning from my surgeons secetary giving me an appointment.
I've got a few weeks of worry now,I'd go to my local gps to ask about my situation,but in the past anything baratric I've asked about and they aren't much help.
And I can't find anything useful on the Internet without horror stories!

chrisa

Idid hear recently it was to do with the extra folds inside that have been stretched just like outside and things get stuck n twist, think can on rare occasions come like a strangulated hernia hence the pain, the buscopan relaxes the muscles n allows things to pass through again in severe cases they remove that section which is creating the problem, i don't think i'v dreamt that up. xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
Idid hear recently it was to do with the extra folds inside that have been stretched just like outside and things get stuck n twist, think can on rare occasions come like a strangulated hernia hence the pain, the buscopan relaxes the muscles n allows things to pass through again in severe cases they remove that section which is creating the problem, i don't think i'v dreamt that up. xx

Mmm I think understand,
Sometimes I wish I didn't read so much on the Internet trying to research,as all things I've come across are a bit scary.
I've got weeks to wait till I can see a surgeon to ask my questions.

chrisa

Might be on here i have read bout it girls xx Have just messaged you Penny bout school today xx