• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

long term banders

martinails

hi can anyone share the experience long term with a band?i can see on the forum quite a few people have had band to bypass conversion why is this sometimes necassary?
any experience of the band would be much appreiciated because i'm just waiting for a date
kind regards Marti:)

Interested to see replies as im only 9mth out, but love it so far and I'm about at goal!

how have you found the whole loose skin thing because im a similar starting weight to you and thats the what really worries me. I have started at the gym though and doing toning classes xxx

Hi :) I think for most people who have lost a large amount of weight loose skin is inevitable. I think it is only a minority who manage to spring back as it were.
I think I would rather have lost the excess weight that is a strain on my body and organs and have some loose skin than remain overweight for fear of baggy skin.
I mean no one is wants baggy skin but there are surgeries and some fantastic underwear out there.
I always liken it to a balloon. When you were a kid and you blew up a balloon and let it out it bounced back to its origional shape pretty quick but the longer the balloon is inflated when the air gets let out the elastic in the balloon as over stretched and gotten used to the larger amount of air inside. There is no snapping that balloon back to its origional size.
I think a lot of it has to do with genetics too. I am seen some people at goal (youtube etc) and have very little excess skin but some people who were not as overweight as them have lots of loose skin.
It is a worry but not one that would put me off.
Hope you find some great answers from post oppers who have reached their goal. I would really be interested to read them too :)

Hello there - I am almost 2 years out ( been maintaining since month 10) having the band was the best thing I ever did. I have gone from a size 24/26 to a size 10 in 10 months and have lost a total of 8 stone 4 lbs....................

martinails said:
how have you found the whole loose skin thing because im a similar starting weight to you and thats the what really worries me. I have started at the gym though and doing toning classes xxx

What loose skin?! :) I'm only just starting to notice bits, but in honesty it's nothing! Which is why I know I need to quit losing now, as another half stone off and I'm sure I'd see some! Saggy boobs but that's it :) mind you I've exercised (cardio) from my op which must have helped! My dad wanted to look at my scars the other day and first thing he said was, you've got no loose skin! :D and he'd have told me truth :)

What loose skin?! :) I'm only just starting to notice bits, but in honesty it's nothing! Which is why I know I need to quit losing now, as another half stone off and I'm sure I'd see some! Saggy boobs but that's it :) mind you I've exercised (cardio) from my op which must have helped! My dad wanted to look at my scars the other day and first thing he said was, you've got no loose skin! :D and he'd have told me truth :)
Thats sounds Great i hope i'm as lucky as you and your pic looks fab by the way well done xxxxx

You will be, it's fab xx

Back