• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers-Think you are not doing well? Check this OUT!! Calculate real % lost!

Benrese

[FONT=&quot]Below are instructions on how to come up with the total percentage of body weight loss and percentage of excess body weight lost! If you've ever wondered how on the world they do these maths-the calculation can be done for us using the steps below!! :p
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Total body weight:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your current weight. That is your weight loss so far.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step Two: Go to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.percentagecalculator.net/[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and go to the second row. In the first box put your weight lost so far. In the second box put your STARTING weight. Press calculate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That is your total % of body weight lost.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Excess body weight:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step One: Subtract your starting weight from your goal weight (whatever that is). This is your total excess body weight.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step Two: Go to that same site, same row and in the first box put your total amount of weight lost. In the second box put your total excess body weight. Press calculate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s the total % of your excess body weight you’ve lost.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I BET even if you think you’re a slow loser you’ll be a little bit more pleased with what you see as a result of doing this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
So go…do it now! And if you feel comfortable sharing the results, you can do so here.[/FONT]

Here are my input/outputs:
:D
Total % of body weight I've lost.: 52
Total % of excess body weight I’ve lost. 93.8

if you subtract your starting weight from your goal weight its a minus, is that right?

ive lost 45% of my body weight :)
but ive only lost 78% of my excess body weight, which is disappointing as i thought i only had 7lb left to lose :(

I have lost 55% of my excess and 38% of my body weight. But that's if I treat my excess from 10 stone. If I go for 15 stone then I have lost 75% of my excess

Oh! Try that last calculation again- I agree you are much closer. And good going wow!!!!!!!!:cool:

ive lost 45% of my body weight :)
but ive only lost 78% of my excess body weight, which is disappointing as i thought i only had 7lb left to lose :(

Amazing to see the huge amounts isn't it?!?! That is massive progress:D

I have lost 55% of my excess and 38% of my body weight. But that's if I treat my excess from 10 stone. If I go for 15 stone then I have lost 75% of my excess

Mine comes up as 52.48% body weight and 100.59% excess

wow is this right.

I've lost 104lb and that equates to over 88% excess weight?!

Maybe it is, maybe it's not..... all I know is that I'm now smaller than I've been for years, fit "normal" clothes and can do and be ME !!!!

41% of my body weight & 90% of my excess weight gone so far.
So only another 12lb to go to hit 100% excess weight loss which is what I'd thought I had left to lose.

Lol, that was one of the reasons I filled that bit in, but that said its useful to know the calculation!!!

Well done on your huge loss!!

Back