• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking to purchase weighing scales

Want2b3

I am looking to purchase weighing scales that are fairly accurate. Have around £25 budget but could go a bit above if scales are best quality, accuracy and lasts a while.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I've got some trusty salter digital ones. They do the job and have always been just as accurate as any at the hospital or GP's.

Got them from a supermarket, I think? :D

SAM55

I found some Weight Watcher digital ones in B&M last year that went up to 28 stone! You can change it to kg's as well. They were £25. Mine are not as accurate as NHS ones as there is a 2kg difference, but that 2kg does remain stable. Unfortunately they are 2kg less, so fine when I weigh at home as I think i am doing well when I go over big number but not so fine when I go on NHS ones! :( They are on Amazon (and a lot cheaper than B&M) and you can read the reviews...
Weight Watchers Ultra Slim Glass Body Analysis Scale

MrsN

I have Fitbit Aria ones. Links direct to my Fitbit app, my fitness pal and other apps. They're fab but cost about £50 unfortunately.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I have Fitbit Aria ones. Links direct to my Fitbit app, my fitness pal and other apps. They're fab but cost about £50 unfortunately.

I thought they'd be more expensive than that to be honest :D

MrsN

I thought they'd be more expensive than that to be honest :D

I think they usually are - got them in Black Friday sale last year.

FeeBee

I was going to say I wanted some to link with my fitbit too but when I last looked they were about £80 I think.
I've had some weight watchers digital ones for years and they're reliable still. Generally the hospital and doctors weigh me about 3lb heavier but they don't always get me to remove my shoes and we all know you need to weigh virtually or actually in the buff never mind with phone and keys in your pocket but apparently they don't like it if you strip off in the middle of the hospital waiting room :D

nafpnd

I've got some trusty salter digital ones. They do the job and have always been just as accurate as any at the hospital or GP's.

Got them from a supermarket, I think? :D

I've also had the salter digital ones for almost 3 years now, they weigh exactly the same as the hospital (but not GP or Boots) but does give different readings on stepping on and off sometimes...was £20 at Asda