• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lost control

I was banded in April 2011 on the NHS and have managed to control my weight up to know however I’m now out of control and have gained 1.5 stones I kno w in my head I need to get this off as this will get worse
So I’m off to India for three weeks at Xmas back in mid January and then I think I need to get back to basics
I don’t know whether to join Slimming World or does someone on here have any other suggestions or help
Thanks

Hi and welcome,

Perhaps you need a band adjustment? Remember the band is designed to reduce the amount of food you can eat. I think the limits on slimming world aren't really suitable for someone who has had weight loss surgery and you're probably likely to find better support on here. You've already recognised what's going on and 1.5 stone is not that much in the grand scheme of things. Knuckle down and try and get your head on board. Lots of protein, good amount of exercise and you will be dropping the pounds in no time. You've come this far :)

Sound advice Mazza :). You could go on the milk float LRD that will shift a few pounds and maybe reset things for you. I’m bypassed so can’t help other than that sorry. I’m a Durham lass too xx

Thanks everyone, I don’t think I need my band adjusted as I have restriction just got into the habit of eating the wrong foods
I will go back to basics in the New Year

Well that’s good then if it’s still working you just need to work with it again :). Always good to go back to the beginning. Good luck :) xx

Back