• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lots and lots of excess skin helpppppppppp

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hi all, i know there are lots of threads aproaching this subject, but can anybody tell me how to find out if my pct, which is sandwell pct will fund skin removal after funding me for gastric bypass. I shall eventually loose going on 20 stone and having lost over 8 stone now can see i am going to have a huge skin problem. Can anything be done through walsall manor hospital which is where i had my surgery. Any help would be very much appreciated:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know of several ex Walsall patients that have gone on to have the excess skin removed. I think you have to apply to your PCT the same way you did for the surgery but know that the Walsall team will support your application if they think you need it. Thats what they told me anyhow.

I know of several ex Walsall patients that have gone on to have the excess skin removed. I think you have to apply to your PCT the same way you did for the surgery but know that the Walsall team will support your application if they think you need it. Thats what they told me anyhow.

Hi Bonita, thanks that has made me feel a little better i shall metion it to walsall at my next appointment on the 28th august i have a fear of excess skin pooling round my body and being in a worse state than what i was in before.:mad:

My local trust won't pay unless its for medical reasons. If I think its necessary I'll pay for it myself if I have to

You can ask your local PALS office to obtain a copy of the PCTs funding criteria for LOW CLINICAL PRIORITY procedures. It should be listed in there.

Janey, at my WLS consultation, I was told that your GP should do the referral once your weight loss has stabilized, but that if your GP is unsupportive then Dr Hartland will refer you.

Janey, at my WLS consultation, I was told that your GP should do the referral once your weight loss has stabilized, but that if your GP is unsupportive then Dr Hartland will refer you.

Thanks sam i have been very worried about this excess skin. I will mention it when i go again my doctor is very supportive but i am not sure the sandwell pct are. Janey:wave_cry:

One of the women I met on ward 11 had a nephew who had lost about 18 stone. He was refered from Walsall themselves 18 months after his intitial operation.

Hi all, i know there are lots of threads aproaching this subject, but can anybody tell me how to find out if my pct, which is sandwell pct will fund skin removal after funding me for gastric bypass. I shall eventually loose going on 20 stone and having lost over 8 stone now can see i am going to have a huge skin problem. Can anything be done through walsall manor hospital which is where i had my surgery. Any help would be very much appreciated:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't panic
As far as i know Sandwell do tummy tucks on the NHS.
My friend had hers done when she lost her weight with weightwatchers and some one who she knows had a gastric bypass at Walsall Manor and has been told she can have hers done (in fact i think she is having a body lift)
She has got to be 2 years post op and her BMI has got to be below 28
Just make sure your Dr will refer you one Dr in our practice wouldn't refer my friend for her TT but she asked another one who refered her no problem.
Dr Hartland also told me they would write letters to help you get a referal.
Hope that helps :D
Where in Oldbury do you live as i am in Rowley Regis not far from the crem

Don't panic
As far as i know Sandwell do tummy tucks on the NHS.
My friend had hers done when she lost her weight with weightwatchers and some one who she knows had a gastric bypass at Walsall Manor and has been told she can have hers done (in fact i think she is having a body lift)
She has got to be 2 years post op and her BMI has got to be below 28
Just make sure your Dr will refer you one Dr in our practice wouldn't refer my friend for her TT but she asked another one who refered her no problem.
Dr Hartland also told me they would write letters to help you get a referal.
Hope that helps :D
Where in Oldbury do you live as i am in Rowley Regis not far from the crem

Hi Wendy i actually live in tividale along the wolverhampton road. Do you know where toys r us are i live about 10 minute drive up the wolvo road towards dudley. Thanks so much it has put my mind at rest so much.:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

I had my first appt at WM tonight and Anna mentioned the fact that i will have excess skin. WM do not address that issue but she did say that you needed to be 2yrs post op and have a bmi of around 26. She told me if/when i get to that stage to ask my gp about been referred to my pct for it. Hope this helps and congrats on losing 8 stone already, i bet you feel great!

Back