• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lots of questions

cancerian02

hi, as a newbie i just wanted to know, is the pre op diet different for sleevers than the bypassers? i mean, it seems that bypassers are on a slightly longer diet. am i right in thinking this and could someone enlighten me, as what happens after my triple appointment at luton and dunstable hospital for the sleeve. will i be put on a waiting list or do i start pre op diet??

thank you

Last edited:
hi ..
I will post a thread that is what happened to me at the triple appointment..
I would believe the triple appointment would be the same regardless of what surgery you choose..
It consists of being seeing the dietitian and psychologist.
Then you will be put on a milk diet to lose 5% of your body weight..
I know that soon slim sue has had a sleeve at the L&D..
I am sure the sleevers will help you with any questions you have.

You will be put through to the surgeon once you have completed the 5% loss.
When is your appointment?
May I suggest you get your posts up to 50 by playing the word games..then you can privately message people and get more perks of the site. x HTH xxx
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/134742-triple-apointment-l-d.html

Ask away there's a vast amount of knowledge on here good luck x

thanks very much lisa. i've just read your thread and it was very interesting. im trying to work out, when things might happen for me. my appointment is may 11th. do you know if you can drink nurishment on this pre op diet?

Hi

No you can only have semi skimmed milk and sugar free jelly

its not a pre op hun..
At the triple The L&D put you on a milk diet for 4 weeks to lose 5% of your body weight..
its used to show commitment and stamina to be able to cope on a fluid only diet..
it also is helping preshrinking your liver,and of course aids a fast weight loss ...
The pre op will be 2 weeks prior to surgery...

You go back after 4 weeks on the milk diet(you get up to nine week to lose the 5%)
You will then be put on a re feed diet which consists of 2 pints of milk..1 x 400 cal meal.2x 200 cal snacks.

At that appointment I was told I was being put forward to the surgeon...if he is happy then I will get a date for surgery...

On the milk diet I was allowed to substitute milk for slim fast but a maximum of 3 a day..I am not sure if any other substitute meals can be used..it was not offered to me.

The dietian will decide how much you will be able to have..but general rule is 4 pints of milk plus oxo cube and 1 pint of jelly...some people get more milk allowance.

Some people alternate milk and slimfast ...
I personally didn't have the slimfast because I was concerned about raising my blood sugars...
I stuck to the plan,drank a lot of water ...I lost 20lb.in the 4 weeks!!
I was given a choice of all surgery's.
I know by my eating habits and the success rate in helping blood sugars that a bypass is for me..

The volume of time of when your surgery could be is a complex answer...
some are seen sooner and other later.
It is a bit of pot luck and what surgeon you get.and how long his list is.
HTHXXX

Back