• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lower abdominal spasm advice needed

Kimberly

Hi I had my by pass coming up to four months ago , but this past month as been very stressful my poor old mum was in hospital critically ill it was touch and go , but because of this for three weeks I been living on skinny late , wraps and grabbing meals when I get home . I needed to be at the hospital 12 hours a day some times , she really was poorly . Well she recover and came home Tuesday just needing rest good food and time bless her she 84.
Sorry rambling I coped the best I could but I know I neglected my self and as a result got constipated on Friday with lower abdominal pain . I took a laxative which worked but was very cold and shivery on Saturday . Today my lower abdominal tummy really hurts still it goes into spasms even hurts to blow off . . Parcetomol not touching it . Is this normal after WLS to have your bowels hurt so much after a good clear out. You also need to know that I am a whimp and have low pain threshold so I really don't want to see an out of hours if this is just the effect of constipation .

Hi I had my by pass coming up to four months ago , but this past month as been very stressful my poor old mum was in hospital critically ill it was touch and go , but because of this for three weeks I been living on skinny late , wraps and grabbing meals when I get home . I needed to be at the hospital 12 hours a day some times , she really was poorly . Well she recover and came home Tuesday just needing rest good food and time bless her she 84.
Sorry rambling I coped the best I could but I know I neglected my self and as a result got constipated on Friday with lower abdominal pain . I took a laxative which worked but was very cold and shivery on Saturday . Today my lower abdominal tummy really hurts still it goes into spasms even hurts to blow off . . Parcetomol not touching it . Is this normal after WLS to have your bowels hurt so much after a good clear out. You also need to know that I am a whimp and have low pain threshold so I really don't want to see an out of hours if this is just the effect of constipation .

Bless, feel for you...this happened to me last week, Dr told me you need to 'clear out across several days' ....
Use laxatives for 3 days after initial bm, pain will ease x

Honestly hun...I was in so much pain Mon Tue....obv laxatives clear blockage...but if your in pain it's usually backed up further ( as per provider & gp )....so you need to completely unblock which takes 2-3 days extra....then, you need to keep it going, only thing that's help me is fruit juice which I know is loaded with cals but small one daily is godsend xx

You CAN ALSO try buscopan I have been prescribed it for what they said was bowel colic. It really does help. When I have had a similar bout to what you are describing I use it for about 4 days and keep away from all bready/carb products. Live on easy food those days like porridge, Weetabix, soup etc. It leaves your inside feeling bruised and uncomfortable. Activia yoghurts help but fat free have lots of sugar in so look for the lowest if you guna tyr them but they help get ya system back on track. The buscopan helps push through my system whatever is offending my insides. I woul dnot be without it now I keep some with me at all times. It could also be trapped wind inbetween the stools, really that's what bowel colic is in my opinioin of course. xx Good luck xx

Did he test a sample of your wee? I usually take a one with me if pain is involved then they can rule stuff out. Pleased you sorted for now. xx

I did not take a sample as I haven't got any stinging when I wee but did one their and she dip stick it , has white blood cells in and also she sent one sample away . Very strange though Iv never had ITU without that horrible cut glass feeling when you wee?

I think sometimes a UTI can be much farther inside the body hence the pain it may well be a different type of infection that is causing it rather than being just a water infection, could be just the tract that's inflamed rather than the water being infected. If that makes sense. I had several bouts of this as I started the menopause the doc thought it was a normal thing for some ladies to get so just left it at that and if the pain started, off to docs I went. x

Thank I think I passed the menopause !as I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago it's difficult to know . No I must be well passed it by now . On the good side what a difference a day of antibiotic have made , I have so much energy today .

Back