• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

malaria tablets and bypassers

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya everyone i am hoping somebody can help with a little advice. I am off on holiday soon and because of where we are going and doing we have to take malarone malaria tablets. Does any bypasser have any experience with these, am a little worried they are going to cause a giypy tummy. Any advice gratefully received. Janey:D:D:D:(:(:(

i can't help you sorry as i have only taken them pre op, my family and i have traveled to India a few times, i usual only take them for a few days as they made me feel unwell, but you can get a injection instead weeks prior to going i have been told may be that's a option. i used to make sure i had plenty of repellant and coils on arriving and smother me self usualy the first few days are the worst if you gonna get bit, but keep covered up dawn and dusk hun

I think this is another question for either your team or your GP. None of us here are doctors (as far as I know) so can't offer medical advice about something that could have quite serious consequences, especially as the side effect profile includes some quite severe gastrointestial problems.

Where are you off to on your hols? Sounds very exotic. Hope you have a super time :) x

I think this is another question for either your team or your GP. None of us here are doctors (as far as I know) so can't offer medical advice about something that could have quite serious consequences, especially as the side effect profile includes some quite severe gastrointestial problems.

Where are you off to on your hols? Sounds very exotic. Hope you have a super time :) x

hiya, i am off to kenya on safari across the masai mara. I am so looking forward to it but am so very worried about these tablets but if i don't take them not sure i want the possible consequencies of that either. Janey:(

I take anti-malarials daily due to Lupus (it helps with it) and the icky feeling does go away. There are other ways of getting the needed meds into your system and you can ask your GP about it.

Have a fab time on your hols!

Back