• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need a hug and encouragement

Janeywanttoloosealot

Okay don't shout at me or judge me i know how lucky i am to have had weight loss surgery and to have lost the amount of weight i have. This is not for weight loss stall advice its just i am really fed up that i have not lost any weight for 3 and a half weeks, and the 2 months before that did not loose for 2 weeks. I am really frightend that i will not loose any more weight. I have been told that if i can get my bmi down to 29 i stand a good chance of having re-constructive surgery on my loose skin(and boy is there a lot of it)as a special case as i will have more than halved my body weight. My bmi is currently 40 so i have 5 stone still to go. I currently have between 700 and 850 cals a day in 4 meals no sugar or extra fat and plenty of fluids.

Ok rant over i think i just want somebody to say everything will be alright feeling a little sorry for myself. janey:D:D:D

I am sure you have just hit a plateau and it will start to shift again soon. Maybe eat some different meals and make sure you are still drinking load. How about exercise? Maybe change what exercise you are doing. Sorry not sure if this helps but I haven't had surgery yet. ((hugs))

Hi, As a pre-gastric bypasser I can't offer any advice....sorry! But you are welcome to a virtual hug!!! Hope you feel better and I'm sure things will get going again soon x

Janey, try not to get down, easier said than done I know, but really, don't. I've just had 3 weeks where I didn't lose a pound!! I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, still being a saint!

I just upped my training and changed what and when I was eating! Voila!!! 12lb in the following 3 weeks!

It's just a stall and you have to alter your regimé again to get it going off again!

I was agreeing with the others, change what you're eating. Change your exercise... I hate to say it, but if you were at a conventional slimming club i'd probably say you are not eating enough.....

BIGGGGGGGG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS anyhow xxx

Janey hun, first of all a big hug to you.

You have achieved so very much and this could be your body just taking a breather and catching up with itself. However, if your weight loss is slowing down then there are things you can do to try to maximise your losses.

I dont think you are eating enough. 700 - 800 cals at a year post op just isnt enough. Do you think there is anyway you could eat more? Also are you drinking enough? I saw from CCPM's diary that she has just started losing again after a stall by switching her drinks to plain water. Can't stand the stuff myself but it might be worth a go. ALso, I have no idea what your mobility/fitness is like, but are you able to exercise? If you already exercise may be time to try something different..

Just a few idea's hun, and i really hope things get moving again for you very soon. xx

Hiya everyone thanks for all your lovely replies. I have started to exercise since christmas and am so happy to be able to walk again. I walk to work which is about three quarters of a mile away and walk back and i go on the wii fit for 20 mins a night i know this might not sound like a lot but i could not do any exercise for years. I think this is why i feel a little frustrated because since i started exercising my weight loss seems to have really slowed down. I am a little under the calorie amount of 800 to a 1000 at 12 months post op but i find it hard to get any more in. I think i am a little behind because of that narrowing i had for the first 2 months. I will admit that i do not drink any water yuk but i do drink a lot of tea. janey:(

Janey,

Do you tend to eat the same thing over and over?

You may benefit by eating the same amount of calories, but eating different foods instead. May be your body is a little 'bored'

Hi Janey,
I am pre-op but just wanted to add in my encouragement...You have done absolutely brilliantly and are an inspiration to me as I also need to lose over half my body weight. Hope things get on the move again for you soon xx

Hi Janey I'm still pre op but just wanted to say I have a similar amount to lose as you and if I do as well as you have so far I will be over the moon. I hope your weight loss starts again soon for you, I'm sure it will. Hugs
Anne x

Sorry-I have no words of wisdom to help so sending you heaps of admiration for your fantastic achievment so far and a big hug too!
x

Just chiming in to give you encouragement and say that I'm inspired by how well you have done so far.

I'm another lover of the Wii Fit! As someone who hardly did any exercise before I started on this path, I've found it really useful (and quite challenging at times- I did the Island Circuit run yesterday and thought I was going to die :rolleyes: )

Hi Janey - don't worry about staying the same for a while, my body has been doing this now for about 3mths. I plateau for a few weeks then my weight comes off freely again - it's as if my body needs to catch up with my weight loss so it needs to adapt and get in line with each other. I don't worry about staying the same as i know my weight will come off in it's own good time and up to now i have lost nearly 8st since June last year and if you put that into perspective (like your own great weight loss) it is not surprising that your body just says "Hey give us a chance to get accustomed to our new look"

So remember you are doing all the right things and i'm sending some special hugs and fairy dust to keep you brighter and smiling xx

HI Janey :wave_cry:
just wanted to say hang on in there , we have all been disapointed by what our bodies do at some time or another , its a total mystery to me how we can be so good and lose nothing but other times we can get away with murder and still lose , who knows how we work ?, anyway big hugs and special thoughts to you , you have done so well and obviously know what your doing , so keep doing it ,:grouphugg:

Are you getting enough protein in your diet? I know that when I don't, I stall. I have had problems getting enough food in as well but will sip on a 42g protein bullet during the day and that adds another 160 calories in and it is all protein.

Back