• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

malnutrition and acute anemia - why me !!!

christine77

so just been to doctors and apparantley i am suffering from malnutrition and have acute anemia. he is now talking about having iron transusions - what on earth are these and why am i suffering from malnutrition and anemia. i am eatting well and taking all my vitamins. has anyone else been diagnosed with these and will i always suffer from them in future.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:hug99: Oh no! so sorry to hear this. No words of wisdom but just wanted to wish you the best and I hope you get sorted soon x

Do you mean transFusions?That is having blood trasfusions to top up your red cells.Or perhaps b12 injections.Sometimes you can be on the higher end of low and they will say you are aneamic.Dont worry just do as you are advised.

No Maz iron transfusions are different. It's on the cards for me aswell but not had it yet. It's called intravenous iron therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I had iron injections when I had my son & my iron dropped to 6.3. I was told that if this did not work I would have to have an iron transfusion. Luckily the injections worked but if I had had to have the transfusion, I would have happily had it to bring my iron up as I felt so weak & lethargic. I don't think it is too uncommon so don't worry. xxx :):)

I was told that iron infusions would be necessary if my iron levels dropped especially in pre menopausal women. It goes to show the need for regular blood checks post op.

Hope you get sorted soon. I had problems with my calcium levels and now have to take double doses! but my levels have remained good since.

oh no!!! do you have any other signs or symptoms...... id just do what they advise and keep on with your vits and minerals etc xxx lots of hugs for you mrs xxxxxxx

Back