• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need some help/advice

Caroline101061

ten months down the line and ten stone gone and Im so tired I dont know what to do with myself. Been feeling like this since Christmas

Eating well including fruit, veg and protein at every meal, taking my vitamins etc as I should. One set of blood tests last week showed nothing amiss. Im sleeping ok but waking up exhausted and it gets worse during the day. Now suffering from memory loss and lapse of concentration coupled with mood swings.

Got another appt with GP on Saturday am and a routine check up with the hospital next month. Is this bypass related or something else? Has anyone else experienced this. Could it be menopause onset - Im at the end of my rope with it now.

Hi caroline great to see you posting again, im 9 months post-op but am not having any of your symptons. I would have thought if it was bypass related it would have shown up in your bloods. At least your seeing the doctor soon maybe they will be able to throw some light on it, i am not quite menapouse age yet so havent experienced it but hopefully someone will be able to advise you soon, sorry i couldnt have been more help xxx

I'm so sorry Caroline, are you able to take some holiday from work? Maybe have a change of scene for a couple days to totally recharge if there's nothing medically that shows up?
You are in the process of huge changes so maybe your body is just needing a break ?
I know as we (girls) lose a lot of fat, the hormones stored inside are released into our system...I have crazy periods at the moment ..nothing for 6 weeks then 2 at a time etc.
I hope that nothing is physically wrong and that you will be able to take some time..(maybe stay with relatives or treat yourself to a weekend break somewhere peaceful)
Sounds like you need to recharge your batteries and let your body catch up with everything that's been happening.
I just want to send my love xx PM me anytime

Sorry you are feeling so rotten, do you have B12 injections every 3 months?

I just wanted to say sorry that you are feeling unwell hun. I would think that anything bypass related would show up in your blood work (iron, B12, protein levels). Your diet sounds healthy so it seems like the cause might be elsewhere. I would be asking the same question about the coil, everyone reacts differently to synthetic hormones and you could just be sensitive, I know I am and have had trouble taking any kind of synthetic hormone in the past. It sounds like more investigation is needed and I hope they get to the bottom of it soon for you.

While your doctors try and figure it out, continue to eat well and sleep as much as possible. I know it may sound daft to suggest it but if you can, up your daily exercise and try to get some sunlight. Increased exercise can actually boost your energy and sunshine has vit D which can improve mental & physical fatigue. If you can't easily find natural sunlight (we do live in rainy England, lol) you can buy bulbs that simulate it, they are often used by people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder (depression caused by reduced sunlight during winter months). These are just my suggestions and you are free to ignore them as I don't really have any expertise, just a big gobb!!:p

Hope you feel better soon,
Nic;)

Sorry you're not feeling well Caroline. Ask your docs if the blood tests they ran include mineral deficiences like copper and magnesium. I have read elsewhere that these deficiences can occur after bypass and have side effects when I enquired at work the standard tests they ran the first time didn't include them so next time I added them in, in our area its only another tick on a form to get them done. Worth a query.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi guys - thanks for all your posts and suggestions. Went back to the GP on Saturday who was so lovely that I almost cried - got a form for yet more tests inc glandular fever and a full hormone workup and a chest xray and sleeping pills. I dont think its bypass related as my moodswings are monumental which indicates hormones to me - still will know more after my bloods - still permanently pooped though despite sleeping all weekend. Nic - absolutely get the 'more exercise' thing - if I can stay awake long enough, will drag myself down to the swimming pool. Dont think its SAD - never ever had that before - think its the dreaded change personally!

Caroline, I was forced into a surgical menopause when I had to have a hysterectomy at 37, and my memory has been crap ever since, even though i'm on hrt:(:(
If you have all the symptoms of menopause, but are borderline on the blood tests, as I was, hopefully the doc will go by your symptoms:D:D

I am the same, tired all the time. My bloods came back ok and my Gp said we should expect this as we dropping weight fast and eating little. He also said it would get better when our weight stablises.

Hope you feel better soon.
x

I felt like that and it turns out it was my B12... did they check that?

I also had glandular fever 3 times in the past, each time i had huuuge headache and massivly swollen tonsils... but it does account for some of your symptoms!

fingers crossed you get it sorted soon

.x.

.x.

Back