• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Managing potential vitamin deficiency post-op

I have a medical exemption card because of my diabetes, my GP nurse applied for it for me so I don't pay for prescriptions and all of my list which is the same as HC & CG is on prescription so is free...

I wanted to bump this thread I found it very useful and with all the new post-ops and soon to be post-ops it should be helpful.

Phew i'm glad you can get them on prescription:D:D:D

I am Pre-Op but know what meds i will be on afterwards, i have to take a chewable multivit + minerals, Bassett Active Health was recommended and yes you can get them in Boots ect, and a chewable/soluible Calcium these i will be on for life.

Also straight after i am to go on FasTab for 2 weeks in soluible form then capsules for 6 motnhs. Only other tablet is a pain killer Kapake which is also soluible and is codine and paracetamal.

Any other meds/deficiencies will be assessed via my regular bloodwork over the following 2 years. yup not only do i get to lose weight i get to let them stick needles in me regularly

I would much rather take all those vitamins etc. Than just the one anti-depressent that i'm taking at the moment! Oh and yes I agree with pg this is a really interesting thread. x

i have a medical exemption certificate as well, not got my vits ect on that yet, didnt think it was possible but maybe after the op it will be a good idea to chat to the DR seeing as thats another £10 a month saved towards early payment of the loan for my bypass

My surgeon (Mr. Ammori) wrote a letter to my GP asking for my supplements to be given on prescription which is standard I think.

Back