• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2015 Surgeries

dizzyday71

Not had anything yet, still sipping water which is holding hunger at bay at the mo, when I went to pick up the kids I picked up a small tin of chicken soup & a brown loaf, if I get hungry again I will try a little bit.

dizzyday71

Yuck never thought of that, may be a little toast later then if I feel like it, hunger has gone at the mo, am gonna try a weak peppermint tea see if that stays in first, thank for your help ladies, am useless with stuff like this, thank god the kids don't get ill am rubbish with poo n sick

dizzyday71

Loads better today, didn't bother eating last night just stuck with water, just had a slice dry toast see how I go with that. What does puzzle me is after throwing everything up & only sipping water how the hell did I gain 2lbs?????

mouse57

The body is a mystical vessel, and a pain in the butt lol there is no answer to your question in two days you will have lost that plus hopefully. Glad your feeling better but take it easy with food today keep to bland it wond do you any harm. Bugs like nothing better than making a return visit because you didn't show them the door :)

dizzyday71

Thanks mouse, ye am keeping it light today, no fat no dairy just in case, I've got a little chicken with salad for tea, & if I feel like it I might have a poached eg with toast for lunch. Am very dehydrated at the mo, I've gone through a 1.1/2 litres water already very thirsty so the water is keeping me full.

ladilindy

The 2lb was probably just your body hanging on to any bit of fluid it could and will probably disappear quite quickly. Glad you are feeling better

Lynn x

Labelle

Yipeeee had my bypass yesterday...doing well sipping water, walking about...am still in hospital as am pretty sore... But hoping to be discharged tomorrow.

ladilindy

Great news Labelle, take it easy.

Lynn x

dizzyday71

Only 4 days until surgery day, I am feeling remarkably calm at the moment? Am waiting for the major wobble to hit me.

ladilindy

I'm one day later than you but feeling pretty much the same, although yesterday I was in Boots, picking up a few last bits, and I got a bit panicky.

I start my last 3 shifts this evening, then Sunday will be final prep. My coach to London leaves at 8.35 Monday morning Eurostar at 1.00pm. More concerned about the journey going smoothly at the moment lol

Lynn x

dizzyday71

Hi Lynn, am leaving Anglesey at 4am Monday morning to drive to Salford Royal, got to be in the admissions lounge for 7, I still need a few bits, hubbie is off tomorrow so we are having the day together once kids are in school, gonna get the last odds then. Good luck with your last 3 shifts I hope the time flies by for you xxx

dizzyday71

Devastated, op cancelled at 0830 this morning, apparently an emergency case has come in and I have been bumped to 20th April. Words just can't describe how incredibly low I feel right now :-( xx

Su2ie

Awww bless you hun, that's devastating after all the mental preparation. Chin up though, I know it's hard but you will get there and all the stress will be a distant memory x

dizzyday71

Awww bless you hun, that's devastating after all the mental preparation. Chin up though, I know it's hard but you will get there and all the stress will be a distant memory x
thanks su2ie, it's no just the op being cancelled, because we live in Wales it's all the other arrangements , hubbies mum travelling up from the south as we speak, hubbies hotels booked n paid for all that money wasted, it's not like we have much to spare as it is. Plus now gonna have problems as kids will be back in school for the next date, it's all such a mess plus I have to do the bloody diet all over again. I know everything happens for a reason but I can't for the life of me see what it is at the mo

dizzyday71

thanks su2ie, it's no just the op being cancelled, because we live in Wales it's all the other arrangements , hubbies mum travelling up from the south as we speak, hubbies hotels booked n paid for all that money wasted, it's not like we have much to spare as it is. Plus now gonna have problems as kids will be back in school for the next date, it's all such a mess plus I have to do the bloody diet all over again. I know everything happens for a reason but I can't for the life of me see what it is at the mo
sorry have a bit of a moment & feeling sorry for myself, it will work out am sure xx

ladilindy

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. I know emergencies always have to be priority, but as you say it is all the arrangements that have to be remade.

Stay strong and at least when you redo the diet you will know what to expect and hopefully it will be easier for you

Feel free to rant whenever you want

Lynn x