• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2015 Surgeries

Ooh is that Redbridge?? I grew up in Wanstead so that was the hospital we went too privately xx I love the shakes and soups. Brought the surgery pack but I give hubby the dinners as I'd rather have the M&S count on us when I can eat some solids xx, so soft is before purée? Yikes I need to read my pack again xx

Puree should come after liquid and then soft food

Lynn x

Good luck labelle, you will be fine. Will be thinking of you, I was terrified before my surgery, but it really was absolutely fine :) xx

I was really worried too, but I was given excellent care and have had a great recovery. I'd do it all over again if I had too!! You'll be fine and we've all been in your position so everyone's here to support you xxx

Thank you all so much... Just a couple days left now... Going strong on the LSD...really nervous but this is the best decision for me and am really humbled and appreciate getting the surgery on NHS..just wishing every one well too x

I was really worried too, but I was given excellent care and have had a great recovery. I'd do it all over again if I had too!! You'll be fine and we've all been in your position so everyone's here to support you xxx
Hi brooks, how are you getting on?

Hi brooks, how are you getting on?

Had a blip on Friday when I couldn't face another soup or shake, and had 6 carrs cheese melt crackers. I had no problem eating them, although I chewed thoroughly. I had 3 in afternoon and 3 in the evening. Spent yesterday on a meltdown hating myself for cheating, before having an oatcake with some laxative medicine as I'd only be to toilet twice since my op. That seemed to help!! And it went from one extreme to the other. Feeling back to normal now, and going to buy some different soup today. I'd brought the post op pack from supplier so I've been rotating the same flavour soups for 12 days. I'm going to get some fresh ones and blend them. From Tuesday my puréed week starts so that will give me some variety in the evening. I suppose we hit a low at different times, and mine was over Friday and Saturday, I've kicked myself up the arse and put my big girl knickers on now!!!!! Onwards and upwards with my journey!!!. On a positive note my scars are healing nicely and I've only a slight discomfort now and then.

So after my rant, how about you? Xxx

Healing nicely Hun, I hope mine are as neat as that. We all have our moments so don't beat yourself up over nothing. Am better now I've had some sweet stuff, hubbie found some diabetic liquorice and that hit the spot, I have ordered some more from the web, no sugar no gluten, no nothing but if I have the sweet cravings again I can have something pretty much guilt free. LDS is going well I think? I have lost 16lb in 13 days so that not too bad, felt a little jealous of hubbie n kids last night when they had steak n chips with all the trimmings & I had 50g steak with stuffed with peppers,onion & courgette with a bit of salad but am sticking to it 8 days to go. You definitely need different flavours of soup Hun or you will get bored, aldi do some nice fresh soups they very tasty I get them for work as a back up if I haven't had time to make soup. Jason vales soup recipes are good and they are quick to make have a look on his web site xx

Hi labelle, how are you doing with LSD? Is it tomorrow your going in?

Good morning dizzyday71... LSD has been tough to say the least ....I have been costantly hungry and have had low energy...in the whole 2 weeks I haven't weighed myself.. So don't know if I have lost the required amount of between 4-6kg was the target given...am in for my op on Tuesday .... Hopefully I have lost weight I feel lighter though so Fingers n toes crossed...good luck with your journey just a few more days to go

Hi girls your both doing amazing. 16lbs is a great loss, what a start to your journey. You're head is certainly in the right place. I was def impressed with my scars, I'll get hubby to take some better pics which show where the port is. I've got some Covent Garden soups on their way........today I'm 100% on it xx

Labelle I am sure you have lost what you needed too and more, make sure you have a little you time before you go in. It will be over before you know it & back home & on the mend just like brooks xx

Thanks brooks, it's tough going but it will all be worth to be able to ware a nice dress at Christmas instead of the tent like clothing I ware now, I am soooooooo looking forward to having nice undies, unlike the ones I have now that could easily be mistaken as a paratroopers parachute!!!! Match pants & bra can't wait xx

Sorry I think I jumped in at the wrong bit, I thought you had a problem putting photos on as I did and I needed to change my privacy settings but then I saw a picture after I put my comment on lol :)

Back