• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May challenge? Just for fun...

Well done all xxx I'm still high protein & sugarfree and it's my 2nd weigh in for that plan tomorrow.
No idea how I'm doing or even if I'm in ketosis properly. Have ordered some piddle sticks to check !

Neen said:
Well done all xxx I'm still high protein & sugarfree and it's my 2nd weigh in for that plan tomorrow.
No idea how I'm doing or even if I'm in ketosis properly. Have ordered some piddle sticks to check !

Piddle sticks!! I'm guessing you don't eat these! What are they and what do they do? x

Hi Jo x I'm on a low carb diet at the mo and low-carb diets force the body into using fat stores, and when this happens fat is converted into fatty acids and ketone bodies - so if there are ketone bodies in your urine (which changes the test strip colour,) you're losing weight hopefully...I've used them before so they'll help keep my carbs under control

Hi guys...weightwatchers is going well thanks to phatmomma aka julie, or is that the other way around...anyway!!

Started it on wednesday and GUESS WHAT? i've only got hubby to join in with us. We are both doing well. I had a party at work last night and that buffet food was hard to resist but i did better that i expected to. It's day 4 tomorrow and i've got my nephew and his partner and 6 kiddies coming for tea. Another testing time i think (kids or food i hear you say lol) x

Way to go Sarah. Just shout if you want me to find any 0pp recipes for you and if you do let me know what kind of flavours etc, i'll pinch some for you lol xx

Thanks julie. In the end i decided to stick to the old pointing. Without having the books etc the new system was proving tricky.
I'm doing ok, could still do with a copy of the old ww book though x

Morning all May challengers! I've weighed in this morning at 15st 2.5, so my goal of getting in to the 14s is that little bit nearer. My first fill is booked in for the 16th May, so I'm really hopeful that I can do it this month, and hopefully a bit more besides! Good luck everyone x

what a great thread, i know we are 7 days into may im currently at 14st 13lb, i currently stalled for a while but i do hope to be down to 14st 5lb at the end of may. good luck to all. xx

Morning all.

Looks like everyone is doing really well with this challenge. My eating has been fabulous compared to recent weeks, but I did have a couple of glasses of wine on both thurs and fri nights.

Scales have moved in the right direction though which is fab.

Have a brilliant weekend everyone x

People might disagree with me Lucy, but I'd say if you are off for the weekend dont worry about what you are eating - just enjoy yourself, have a fabulous time and make sure you dance off any extra calories you consume. Back to the plan on Monday.

I started my weight loss push Tuesday so thought I would join the may challenge I Weighed in at 194kg need to get to 184kg by 20th May it's goal I've set in my head so am aiming for it.

I know it's a big ask but hopefully I will make it fingers crossed mainly across my mouth to stop me eating!

will check in on 19th to see where I am at

I started on Thursday at 245lbs before op. By the end of the month I would love to be 235lbs. I should feel a little restriction as my band was filled with 4mls when it was put in.

xxSarahxx check out ebay for the old books hun! If i had anything i could send to you i would. I've just given my little booklet of the basic points for food away, for some reason they weren't in our folders when i joined this group yet the woman in Wolverhampton gave them us. Saying that my leader is a bit pants so i'm not surprised....

Maybe you could go once, get the bumff and leave?

EVERYBODY else, plod on and remember it's a challenge, it's not bad or wrong to fail so please no undue pressures... It really is just for fun xx

i would love to do this as I'm still on the dreaded high dose steroids for my PMR, i have managed to maintain at 12st, thou i did have a dodgy time when i went up to 12st 6lbs i soon put this right with the milk diet.
i am determined that WLS comes before PMR.
thanks Sam this could be the life line i have been looking for.
this morning i weighed 12st.

Last edited:
I have been really good all week, then went for my blood checked on Thursday and asked the nurse to weigh me as I havent seen the dietician for 7 weeks as she is on maternity leave. I was 199kg before she left and on the scales on Thursday Im now 203kg.. I was devastated I havent had a crisp or piece of bread in nearly 2 weeks. Hubby told me to stand on my own scales when I was back they showed a 2lb loss and these were what I had originally weighed myself on last week. This cheered me up but I have changed my weight on here to match the nurses scales :(
Later that night it suddenly dawned on me that my left leg has bad oedema at the moment I have had 4 dvts in it and have a lot of scar tissue from the damage caused by the dvts, thats why the blood check, Im on warfarin. I bet when it goes down I lose a bit of weight too.. At least thats what I am hoping.. Sorry for the ramble.

Hope its not too late to join! At the start of my pre-op diet I was 22.6. By the end of this month I would love to have lost a stone and as having my op on the 20th, really hope I will reach that! Keep up the good work everyone xx

Wow, lots of new posts on the thread. Lovely. All are welcome.

Well I have been nibbling today, made some fairy cakes with zoe this afternoon and 2 fell into my mouth. Before i knew it I had eaten them! Oops...

Overall though, have had a brilliant week and am pleased. Will update my weight in the morning.

Hope it's not too late to join this challenge, it's a few minute off the 9th of May so I'm setting myself the challenge of losing 6lb's by the end of May. I'm currently 14st 8lb so here's hoping that I can kick start my otherwise slow weightloss into life again. 14st 2lb, here I come!

Morning all.

11st 9.5 this morning so thats 2.5lb off which Im more than happy with.

Good luck for week 2 everyone x

Back