• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

me again ??(getting post happy lol )

honey-dd

Hiya, i hope your all well:), iv been ill and dh had an op today and iv just cut my finger doing tea can tell im not the chef in this house lol :D.

Anyway i just heard from the other lady that had her op same day as me with same surgeon, and she has just had her phone discharge and been told she has 4ml in her band and that is normal:confused::confused: !!!!

Well we were told it would be empty ,and told this quite certainly but no 4mil in a 10mil band of which can only be filled to 9 mill:eek:.

Am i right in being surprised:eek: by this as she can eat for England (in her own words :Dlol)and im eating nearly everything but smaller quantities and found some things(like sneaky bit of donner meat:eek:) really give me a tight uncomfortable feeling in my chest(so decided kebab is of the menu:D lol)

But im worried as if we have 4mil that dont leave much to get restriction, or does it ????

Also re my band fills on NHS ,had to do referral in normal way as was unable to do choose and book so referral went yesterday:D, and will get my apt in two weeks or so as they dont need to do any assessments so should not have the usual 4 to 5 week wait so fingers crossed i get my fills :)

Hi Honey,

Sounds good about the referral, it's great you're getting the aftercare via the NHS.

hi
i think i have said before that i was told it was empty but had 3.5mils in there.. how did you apply for aftercare on the nhs honey? that sounds fantastic!!
emma

hi
i think i have said before that i was told it was empty but had 3.5mils in there.. how did you apply for aftercare on the nhs honey? that sounds fantastic!!
emma

Yeah, i remember you had fluid in:) .Im still worried if i dont have much restriction now then i dont have much left to get restriction:(, and annoyed as the surgeon did state id have an empty band. But ok with it to as i hopefully wont need many fills now to get to the right spot as i hate needles lol:D.

I did not apply. I only went and asked my GP for a dietitian. She took it on herself to get me aftercare:) .

I believe she contacted the bariatric dept at the hosp, and was told that they will give me care if the PCT agree, so she contacted a lady at the PCT who said they will give funding as long as the hosp will take my care lol ,so funding is agreed and hosp agreed:D, so im just waiting on referral apt (GP said that wont take long as they dont have to do all the usual stuff as im not haveing the op just after care and fills ) .

My GP has put on referral both dietitian and fills and after care, as i have co mobility's and family history of diabetes and other problems with me:(, that will all be reduced or gone altogether if i get the bulk of my weight off. so as in her own words and the PCT i saved the NHS the cost of the op to start with, and future treatment i will need. its the least they can do for me.

So i think im lucky(so far fingers crossed :eek:) just hope it all goes to plan lol

Morning all!!

Firstly...although they class it as an empty band, it does have some fluid in it to begin with..this happens during the surgery.
When you go to have your first adjustment, your Consultant should remove the fluid that you have in there and tell you how much it was. They will then inject more, or less depending on how you feel about it all.
10ml is the full closed amount. I am currently at 8.5ml and feel that that is definitely enough for me! I am restricted with somethings, but can still eat!
I hope this helps!!!

Kerry-Ann

hey honey
thats great news.. i also have health issues due to excess weight i couldnt shift.. hope all goes well for you
wow mrs v
8.5mils thats the most mils i have heard so far was only thinking yesterday i wonder if anyone has ever needed full capacity..
emma

hey honey
thats great news.. i also have health issues due to excess weight i couldnt shift.. hope all goes well for you

Hiya ,my problems are not due to the weight they cause the weight and are aggravated by the weight .

So catch 22 with me lol :eek:,i need to lose the weight to alleviate the problems, but i also need to eliminate the problem to keep the weight off lol,

Sounds very odd i know but when i get to a certain weight the problems go away but are still there there just not in fast mode if you get me.so are easier to handle :).

On top of that family history or problems that are made worse and alleviated by weight ,I may well of been able to get my op funded but i did not want to wait as i need to do somthing soon that i cant do with a high bmi,So the waiting for the yes would of pushed my chances out of reach:(.

So with all that and the fact i went and did it private i think my GP is doing her best to sort things out,as she knows full well i should of got funding but chose not to:D.So like she said its the least they can do.

And fingers crossed i get my apt:eek: and after care:(.But i still expect it to get taken back lol,and if it does although not nice im ok with it:),as i never expected anything to start with ,just means i wont get a fill till after xmas as im saving for birthdays and xmas at the mo but the op was the main thing That was the hard part ,2009 is my year to shine its a busy year for me and im waiting for it with open arms

hi honey, i hope you get your aftercare, but like you said 2009 is a new year and i just keep looking ahead to this time next year, when hopefully we will all be where we want to be with our weight

Kerry-ann, what date did you have your band inserted? Be interested to know when and where.

Dee, I had my band at dolan park under mr super. Just had first fill and was told i had 1.5mls in band, left behind during surgery. Filled me to 5mls on friday. Now on liquid again for 2 days.
Hope that helps.

Back