• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Me: Past, Present, Future

Tracie workman

About me hmm well I'm 36 mother of two both my children have ASD so life can be quite hard on some days, I am getting married on 27th May to my long awaited soulmate. I suffer from mental illness depression etc for many years now which is related to my weight gain. I haven't always been a big girl and I was always the life and soul of the party however in 2004 all that was taken away from me when I was attacked and sexually abused.

I lived with this for 6yrs without telling anyone and felt I could cope but I turned to eating for comfort and the weight started to gain and I wouldn't go out like I normally did so not a lot of exercise. In 2010 the truth came out and since then I have been to different counseling for my mind set and of course in the time I have developed different health issues because of my weight gain but my journey for a new life is about a month away I have started to do little bits watching what I eat going to slimming world losing 1st in weight with them and taking little walks on the coastal path.

My pre-op for my gastric bypass is 20th March and my surgery date is 12th April and I am super excited.

Being new to this site I am searching for many answers, I have done my research and I understand everything that I need to go forward on my op but I guess you cant really get the bigger picture from an internet site you need to talk to people who have been through the experence already.

So please feel free to tell me your story how you felt before your surgery after your surgery when did you notice the loss of weight what and who was your support..... Just anything you guys can think of will be fab!

Much love to you all

Hello and welcome!

You've certainly come to the right place for support along the next part of your journey.

There are lots of diary threads which you could have a read of in the meantime.

Which pre op diet will you be doing?

Good luck xx

Hello and welcome!

You've certainly come to the right place for support along the next part of your journey.

There are lots of diary threads which you could have a read of in the meantime.

Which pre op diet will you be doing?

Good luck xx
Hiya, as far as i know there doesnt seem to be one but im sure they will tell me on monday if there is.

Hello and welcome :)

Good morning Tracie and a huge welcome !
One thing I have found with this site is that someone in here has walked the very same path and another , exactly .. So don't be afraid to ask anything , even if you think it's silly , just ask . Someone will know the answer or point you in the right direction ..
writing a diary is a very cathartic thing to do .. on here you can put down your fears and deepest emotions about your weight loss journey , it's complete anonymous..
xxxxx

Back