• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCOS

pauladerm

Thanks guys u all have been amazing. Firstly I will like to say I finally decided to go private as I was been turned down by my pct for funding repeatedly. i also recently got married this last dec 2012, so my husband and I wants to start a family. I love babies, I dream of them everyday and I hope with the surgery I will able to loss weight and improve my chances of ever having what I dream of everyday which is babies. This is my sole reason of doing the surgery and yes other reasons can come in any other. Even though I am big, I feel very confident with the way I look, dress but u know being overweight is not always a good thing. You can't be fully happy especially when all the dresses for big women are not always as sexy as the others. WHY? I don't know.
Well I am pretty much excited...........to embark on this new journey. Thanks guys...

yellowrose

Hi I too have PCOS. diagnosed when I was 17. I'm 8 days post op with a band.
Have lots of the pcos symptoms. I'm Hoping my weight loss with the band will in turn help my pcos symptoms.

I had fertility treatment which didn't work for me. I managed to get pregnant with both my children by taking agnus castus, from Holland and Barrett. Definitely worth looking into for women with abnormal cycles or no ovulation - which is what I have.

I have had laser hair removal for facial hair, it was great but as soon as I stopped having it the hair came back.

I had my surgery private with the hospital group. Aftercare so far has been a bit disappointing.

I live in Wolverhampton by the way. If u feel u ever need to chat just drop me a line.

Good luck Xxxx

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi, I also have PCOS but I don't think it was even considered for my funding it was based on other factors. I'm under Sandwell PCT and will be having surgery at Walsall Manor.
I'm ref to facial hair post op once periods regulate does this alleviate these symptoms? I am mortified with my facial hair and don't know what to do for best. I spend about an hour a day plucking and also bleach regularly - does anyone have any tricks or tips in dealing with it at home?

Thanks guys x

BlueDiamond

I have had pcosfor over 20 years , in my experience/journey my wls has not eleviated the majority of the symptoms, the only one it has done is my monthlys, they are more frequent but everything else has remained. Every oe is is different . With regards to facial hair I have tried laser hair removal but its not always 100% guaranteed because as u know pcos is hormonal and has a good chance of coming back, I been told plucking is the worse thing u can do for facial hair x x BD x x

pauladerm

Pcos is very common than we think and the most frustrating issue is that when you go to the hospital to complain about any illness, it's always been attributed to pcos and weight gain without even checking you. Gp's are my nightmares, I hope that this we journey in life give me a sense of hope.
Thanks for ur lovely comments, anyways what I do for my hair treatment is that My husband plug them out using teaser every after few months and the ones on my face and the mushtach i shave them using a shavin cream and razor.

NT1977

Hello another PCOS sufferer here, I have been diagnosed about 10 years now. it took me 6 years to concieve my youngest daughter, was just about to start fertility treatement when i fell naturally. The only time it hasn't affected me was when i was pregnant to be honest, i loved every second of carrying a baby and ended up 1.5 stone lighter than when I concieved the day after giving birth!

Anyway, What I wanted to say is I saw my consultant a few weeks ago as hoping to start trying again next year and she told me had I not already had a baby I would qualify for funding for my band under the NHS with my BMI - this is Essex though. this was not the case when i had my daughter so some rules may have changed and it may be worth finding out?

With regards to hairiness - I am a totaly hairy mary lol, I have everything waxed every 3 weeks which helps me feel so much better. I have my brows, top lip, chin, neck, jaw and bikini waxed for £25 and it's money well spent! treatment wise I take 2000mg of Metformin a day but I am hoping to stop this when my weight goes down.

Good luck with your journey x