• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mediband?!

Vespa

Hey, I'm getting a mediband to wear so I have something on me at all times to show I have a band. Does anyone know the actual term I need written on it? Would it be like 'gastric band in situ' or 'shouldn't be intubated'?? Please help!

I just asked my partner this question. She suggested, for me, it should say DNR. But this maybe because we just had an argument...

Erm first time I have heard of this so I be interested in how the topic of conversation goes - ty for raising this point BD x

I know that for bypass we should have no NSAIDs and no blind ng tubes. Not sure about bands though.

Maybe phone your team and ask their advice atleast it would be in medical terms then as well x

I didn't know we need anything like that. I got some card in hospital that I was advised to carry in my purse and I kept wondering - what for.

Ye I got a small card to carry with me, that's all. It just says what band you have and the serial number etc x

Yeah I have the card but the band is something you wear as not many people carry cards everywhere, while they're exercising etc. Ah I'll call my provider to see what they think. Thanks for all the help :)

Back