• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Medication for WLS questions

I'm sure it will - I haven't weighed myself for a week - aiming for Friday if I can keep away from the scales! I know I've lost weight though because my coat zips up more easily and my trousers are looser. Walsall insist on liquids for 4 weeks, so I'm looking forward to something more solid on Friday. I've been living on home made soup of various flavours - which I love, and always have on the cooker anyway. Take care. x x

Thanks, 2 weeks of liquids for me then 4 weeks of pureed have u managed ok having home made soups becuase i def would prefer to make my own then blitz them down to a very thin consistancy. I just thought home made soups would be to thick.

I love soup! I blitzed them then passed them through a sieve. That took out any small seeds/skin or bits. If they were still too thick I added a bit more stock, or even milk. x x

I just wonder if the NHS would have to look after someone who didn't have any aftercare package arranged??:rolleyes:

Only in the case of an emergency.

What prescription do we need after op?

Hi All

What do we need to get on prescription from our doctor after the op?

I read somewhere about iron. Who tells the doctor what we need?

I had my op through Surgicare at the Spire Manchester.

Thanks.

Hi Andrea, have they organised your B12 injections for you? I'm a bander so don't really know much but I have heard these mentioned and also Forcival vitamins on prescriptions too. Hopefully a bypasser will be along soon and they will help you with all you need. Good luck and hope you're wellxx

Not too sure that were all the same, but here's my list;

Clexane Injections. I have to take 40mgs once a day for one month.

Lansoprazole Fastab Soluble : 30mgs once a day for 3 months.

Fersamel Liquid: I have to take 20mls a day for 3 months.

Calcichew D3 Tablets: I have to take these 1 a day for life.

Solvazinc : 1 Tablet 3 times a day for life.

Forceval Capsules: 1 Capsule to be taken once a day for life.

I'm yet to ask my Dr for this lot yet, can't wait to see his reaction !

I feel exactly the same. I had my op on 29th sept at Heartlands and have been given no support whatsoever. I did ring the dietician and was told by a very pleasant secretary they were to busy to talk to me! I have found i can eat ANYTHING which is a bit scary, so at the moment i am relying on will power which got me into this mess at the beginning!!!
A post op support group would be great.:cry:

Thank u for that i will definately look into it. You have done so well i dont think i will ever do that well.
Congratulations
x

I feel exactly the same. I had my op on 29th sept at Heartlands and have been given no support whatsoever. I did ring the dietician and was told by a very pleasant secretary they were to busy to talk to me! I have found i can eat ANYTHING which is a bit scary, so at the moment i am relying on will power which got me into this mess at the beginning!!!
A post op support group would be great.:cry:

The post op care is rubbish, it always has been.

The only thing that was on my note to the doctors was to get a prescription for the fast tabs. Nothing about getting vitamins or iron etc. Think I'll contact Surgicare in the morning and ask them about it.

My surgeon wrote a letter to my gp asking for me to be prescribed the following:

1 Forceval Multi-vitamin & mineral, 1 per day for life.
2 Calcium Calcichew-D3 Forte, 1 in morning, 1 at night for life
2 Iron Ferrous Fumerate, 1 in morning, 1 at night for life
2 Lansoprazole for 6 months 1 in morning, 1 at night and then 1 per day for life (minimum 2 years requested by surgeon but he prefers life-long)

For hairloss my surgeon recommeded the following:

Zinc (Solvazinc) 3x per day & Selenium (Selenase) 5mls 2x per day until hairloss stops.

I was told to have my B12 levels checked at 6 months and then again at a year followed by a yearly check of my levels. Some surgeons believe in giving B12 shots as a matter of course regardless if your levels are low.

HTH,
Nic

The only thing i got was injections and i month supply of fast tabs. Nothing about vits ect but just asked gp and he prescribed them no problem.
good luck

i got a weeks supply of all meds from Mr Ammori and Spire hospital then repeat prescriptions from then i got via my doc as mr Ammori had written to him I'm on ferrous sulphate(iron) forceval-vitamins, calichew and lanzoprasole fast tabs, Mr Ammori is not a fan of rushing into vit b12 injections and seems to prefer to wait until he does a blood test at 6 months post op to see if you require it. I too had 5 days worth of clexamene injections x

I had 3 weeks of clexane injections (had last one tonight!) for blood thinning, along with my sexy white hospital stockings (same reason!)
Forcemal capsules - 1 huge lozenge once a day
Zinc - 1 capsule once a day for life
calcichew - 1 a day
an iron tablet
4 teaspoons of disgusting iron supplement (2 teaspoons twice a day)

The consultant gave me 2 weeks' supply and faxed my GP the list. When I went along to see her, she made up my prescription and gave me 3 months' worth. Apparently in 3 months they change a few things - not sure what, but no more injections anyway!

hi
i take to calcichew tablets daily, 2 sanotogen gold multi vits daily, and 1 ferrous sulphate (iron) along with my other usual meds. Haven't had that much follow up dieticians keep changing appointments but have got one for December, and am not seeing surgeon again until March 2010,

Back