• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meeting with surgeon - help please!

Lisav

My parents have kindly said that they will lend me the money for gastric band surgery, so I have been contacting some local bariatric surgeons, as I would like the operation and aftercare to be nearby, as I don’t drive. I emailed a few asking for details and pricing and one surgeon has come back with an appointment to see him on Thursday evening. I am going to meet him, but can I get some advice on what I should be asking? Also any idea what I should expect from this meeting? I hope I won’t be charged for it!

I will obviously want to know what the cost is, what aftercare services are offered, what else should I be asking? This has all happened rather quickly so I want to get as prepared as I can before Thursday!

Thanks for any help!

I hope everything goes well, I didn't ask much when I saw my surgeon but it will be different for you because your going private but my surgeon asked me loads of questions about diets I'd tried etc
Good luck Xx

From my experience and from reading on here going private is completely different! I feel that they are obviously a business and want your money so unless u ask the questions they won't be saying much! Write everything down u wanna ask and be sure to ask it! Be prepared for them to say they can do it very soon.... Depending on weight this can be just days away!! Don't sign anything unless u r happy and don't feel obliged to either! Remember this and u should be fine! Where are u having it done? X

Hi! Thanks for the advice. I'm looking local to where I live in Oxford and this is at the manor hospital in Oxford.

Lisav said:
My parents have kindly said that they will lend me the money for gastric band surgery, so I have been contacting some local bariatric surgeons, as I would like the operation and aftercare to be nearby, as I don’t drive. I emailed a few asking for details and pricing and one surgeon has come back with an appointment to see him on Thursday evening. I am going to meet him, but can I get some advice on what I should be asking? Also any idea what I should expect from this meeting? I hope I won’t be charged for it!

I will obviously want to know what the cost is, what aftercare services are offered, what else should I be asking? This has all happened rather quickly so I want to get as prepared as I can before Thursday!

Thanks for any help!

How did it go at the meeting? X

It went really well thank you! I have decided to go with him due to the fact he is local, offers amazing aftercare and is downright lovely. He was Italian and both me and my auntie who came with me literally fell in love with him! It was meant to be a 15 minute meeting and turned into a 45 minute consultation - he said I'd done his work for him by being so well informed (thanks to you guys) and he can fit me in this month! I have since found that due to Easter I can't get my dietician meeting until 16th April and then with work and covering I wont be able to have my op until early May, but after the amount of time I have already waited, it's nothing! I'm so excited! Me and my partner are making a list of stuff we want to do when I've lost some weight and top of the list is to go to Thorpe Park or Alton towers and go on ALL the rides :)

Glad you're all sorted and counting Down the days....believe it...you'll be on nemesis before you know it! I love Alton towers!! Work as hard as you can, don't rely on waiting for the fills and you can be looking at a stone a month.....willpower! how much are you aiming to lose? X

I'm just looking to lose as much as possible to be honest! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I'm gonna work as hard as I can and do this! Thanks for the support x

I had my first dietician app yest! One more week of slop then back on normal food! Have my first fill end of April and then every month thereafter! Quite enjoying the slop as it means I don't have to cook for everyone lol glad u r sorted now! X

Back