• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have just had a drama

strawberrylola

my husband and I have just gone out for something to eat. we went to Frankie and Benny's.........when the waiter took us to the table I took one look and thought I am never going to fit in there!!!!
it was a stall style table - the ones in a booth.
so I tried to squeeze my self along with a struggle!! my husband tried to pull the table towards him but it was fixed!!
once the waiter had gone he said I will ask to move, but I didn't. :cry:......what a hideous experience!!!

BRING ON THIS BYPASS!!!!

my husband and I have just gone out for something to eat. we went to Frankie and Benny's.........when the waiter took us to the table I took one look and thought I am never going to fit in there!!!!
so I tried to squeeze my self along with a struggle!! my husband tried to pull the table towards him but it was fixed!!
once the waiter had gone he said I will ask to move, but I didn't. :cry:......what a hideous experience!!!

BRING ON THIS BYPASS!!!!

Know that feeling oh so well, went out with friends tonight and was in agony squeezed into a booth sooo embarrassing :''( . Yep cannot wait

BRING ON THIS BYPASS!!!!

Ohhh how often I have been in this situation :eek: boobs literally on the table scenario. After a 7 & 1/2 stone loss it's great to now just slide in with a bit of room to spare :)

Oh god I feel your pain so much. I had that happen lots of times. Once at a burger place where I literally couldn't sit down anywhere and had to leave and once at a Harvester where the waitress noticed and moved us. It's painful, humiliating and all it does is make you want to eat more. It isn't forever. Just concentrate on your op because this will be a thing of the past. Don't forget it as it's useful to remember how far you will go but know this bit isn't forever.

BRING ON THIS BYPASS!!!!

Frankie & Benny's, Spalding in Lincolnshire. Just after Christmas. Wedged in booth. Could have cried.

Restaurant at local department store. Just after Christmas. Wedged in booth. Could have cried.

BUT here's the good news - and hopefully not too long for you now. Tuesday at same department store. No problem at ALL sitting wherever I wanted.

I DO feel your pain ever so much but hang in there and store it away as a 'comparison point' for after your surgery xx

I know the feeling, have sat at a function this week hugging the scatter cussion in front of my obvioulsly too big waistline, as if that helps, everyone around me were very slim. Can't wait for the surgery either

Going out to eat is like a military operation for me planned with precision to avoid just such situations. 3.5 weeks and counting to B day xx

You are not alone, hugs and remember it wont be long before things change.

I always check the pathways and exits across any room as I enter it as I know I will have to sidle through things....no fun, cant wait for it to change.

I had a similar experience in TGI Friday's. I met a group of friends there one night and they were all sat in the booth when I got there. I couldn't fit in so the whole table had to move to another. EDveryone was watching and it was obvious why we had to move. I never felt so mortified in my whole life, and it ruined my whole evening.
You will look back on your experience one day and laugh when you're sitting in a booth with loads of room to spare ;)

im off to hairdressers this afternoon and dreading the squeeze into the seat

Its experiences like this that make me want to have the op more!

To all the fixed booth sufferers out there! we will slide in one day!

Ha ha........

I feel your pain, I have avoided booths for a while now!
A few weeks ago, I went to Tesco and when I had finished my shopping I couldn't get back in the car as the person who parked next to me had a big car and even though it was in the lines as was mine I was too fat to squeeze in, I had to shimmy over the gear stick, we very nearly became intimately acquainted! BRING ON THE SURGERY. xxxx

A few weeks ago, I went to Tesco and when I had finished my shopping I couldn't get back in the car as the person who parked next to me had a big car and even though it was in the lines as was mine I was too fat to squeeze in, I had to shimmy over the gear stick, we very nearly became intimately acquainted! BRING ON THE SURGERY. xxxx

I had that and had to ask a colleague to do the shimmy for me because I was too fat to even do that. Although the other car was genuinely parked too close.

Ohhhh yes I couldn't do the shimmy either Yve :sigh: and had to sit in the Tesco cafe at a window seat which overlooked my parked car and wait till the other car left. Thankfully the driver wasn't too long. Even though nobody knew of my predicament I still felt mega embarrassed and annoyed at myself.

Ohhhh yes I couldn't do the shimmy either Yve :sigh: and had to sit in the Tesco cafe at a window seat which overlooked my parked car and wait till the other car left. Thankfully the driver wasn't too long. Even though nobody knew of my predicament I still felt mega embarrassed and annoyed at myself.

Thing is noone I know personally apart from my mum was ever unkind. Strangers would laugh, but hardly the same.

I know how that is, believe me it will feel amazing when you come back there a few weeks after your op and realise you fit through the gaps and in the seats. It makes it all worth it. XX

BRING ON THIS BYPASS!!!!

Oh hun! I been there. Those type tables were one of my worst enemies! You will feel so free post surgery.

Good luck xxxxx

Thing is noone I know personally apart from my mum was ever unkind. Strangers would laugh, but hardly the same.

My mum in law and your mum would be ideal together. She can dish out the most cutting and hurtful remarks....which leads me to coffee after shopping with her at morrisons.... Yes the dreaded fixed table and seats that even twiggy would struggle to get into. I was in agony after squashing myself into it. As she tucked into fish n chips and I sat with my dry fruit scone and jam out of the blue she commented that this might be the ideal opportunity to think about my weight!? :mad:... I was so close to leaving her there to find her own way back home that day!
Apart from my m.i.l and step dad, who can be verbally cruel at times. I too for some reason never really got the jibes and if I got made fun of it was never in earshot. Maybe people were scared of me lol

i had to climb over from the passenger seat when a police car parked himself inches from my driver side ( kate moss wouldnt have got in there ) i acctualy wrote him a note from my arthritic joints thanking him for parking like a numpty lol

i got stuck in a booth at frankies and bennys for a friends birthday, the table wedged itself in my B shaped belly. i was too embarrassed to tell anyone till the end of the meal

Back