• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Migrated Band - Now what?

effemm

Hi. My first post here so apologies if I'm in the wrong forum.

I had a gastric band fitted about nine years ago and it worked perfectly. I went from 225lbs to 125lbs in 2 years and then maintained the weight. About 18 months ago I lost all restriction and, after some investigation, it was established that the band had migrated through the stomach wall and had to be removed. A year later I have regained about 40lbs and I am worried that my weight will just keep going back up and I'll be back to square one. The surgeon who did the removal said that he wouldn't replace the band as it could migrate again.

I was wondering if others have had similar experiences and what their solution has been. I have been looking at gastric sleeving and bypasses on the internet, but I am confused as to what is involved and whether I would qualify as I am just borderline obese. I really don't want to wait until I am very large again.

Should I seek a second opinion? Have anyone had a band replaced? Any suggestions?

There can't be any harm in asking for a second opinion.

Oonion is one person who had her band replaced as she had issues with it irrc

Back