• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mild dumping???? Help!

J-Mo

Had some banana earlier for the first time since bypass & after eating it I didn't feel too well. So I lay down & next thing I knew I awoke nearly an hour later!!

I now feel a little 'spaced' but not unwell. Could this be dumping even though it was only mildly so?!

Any help is appreciated as I'm aware everyone is difference & its all trial 'n' error.
:D

Seems like dumping to me...

I dumped on banana too, but now I am fine with it.

Are you allowed to eat Banana yet ?

I had my op on 01/10 and i cant eat any food for 4 weeks just liquids incl strained off soups ?????

Are you allowed to eat Banana yet ?

I had my op on 01/10 and i cant eat any food for 4 weeks just liquids incl strained off soups ?????

It was puréed & its on the diet sheet given to me by the dietician before I left hospital, so I presume its ok.

hope you feel better now jacci hun, sometimes things that make us a bit ill in the early stages, are ok a bit later on. i think it must be a learning curve for our little pouches as much as it is for us. give it a few weeks and try it again, and i reckon, we must be ultra sensitive to any sugars,etc, even fruit sugars, again, as time goes on, we must de sensitise to things. good luck hun, your doing fantastic, big hugs xx

hope you feel better now jacci hun, sometimes things that make us a bit ill in the early stages, are ok a bit later on. i think it must be a learning curve for our little pouches as much as it is for us. give it a few weeks and try it again, and i reckon, we must be ultra sensitive to any sugars,etc, even fruit sugars, again, as time goes on, we must de sensitise to things. good luck hun, your doing fantastic, big hugs xx

Thanks Dawny. At least I know what 'dumping' feels like now & can identify it!! I tell you though, I had lovely sleep for that hour!! Ha, ha :p

lol jacci, on the couple of occasions ive dumped, (both within the first few weeks), ive had to lie down and like you have totally zonked, and it is a lovely sleep isnt it, lol. id hate to be out when i dumped, cos i wouldnt cope, theyd find me asleep on a pavement somewhere, lol

Hun its ok, u will fined that some foods are easily digested and some aren't, you may eat a banana again in a couple of weeks and fined it does nothing or u may never be able to tolerate them again.
Like the other guys said its trial and error xx

Me too Dawny as I didn't even feel tired but knew I had to lie down. I thought 'I'll watch Supernanny US' which had just started on Channel 4, the next thing I knew it had finished!!

lol, ditto, still id rather try and find other ways of having a nice nap, wouldnt you, lol

Aw Jacci! Hope you are feeling OK after your first dumping!!
(lol that sounds a lot worse than I meant it to, on so many levels!!)
Hope you are enjoying getting aquainted with your new titchy tum!

Ha, ha!! I feel fine now. I don't feel my tum is that titchy!! I'm not overly concerned at this stage as a few bypassers have posted they felt the same at this stage.

Hope you are well Nina

J Mo you will find that you will eat some thing one day and it is fine. Then the next time you eat it is will cause problems and visa versa. I can eat something for weeks and then one day it will make me feel ill. This can be cold sweats, bad pains in the base of the belly and feeling really sick

hi j-mo,

I think I dumped on carrot and coriander soup,lucky I had only a couple of sips of it,and then I went all hot and my heart was beating so fast,but I have had banana and was ok..hope your ok xx

I like to call these ones my "mini dumps" ! when i get palpitations feel iffy and need to sleep. As others have said it can be very random, things that i've been okay with can suddenly affect me and vice versa.
Thankfully i've not had a "full dump" like some of my friends who have vomited, had runny bum and even passed out. Definitely keen to avoid those lol !

Back