• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet - Advice needed

Mamfa

Hi guys, I am on day 3 of the milk diet and am thrilled to have lost 5 pounds already however this morning after I had my milk for breakfast and took my vit tab and normal medication with water I was sick - is this normal? Has anyone else had similar experience on the milk diet?:(

Hi mamfa
I too am on milk diet, although iv not been sick iv deffo felt it especially my first few weeks I think it's cus ur tummys empty and drinking the water might of triggered the sickness, if u don't feel any better call ur team they might b able to give u a different diet to do, I'm on my last week now as iv got my op nxt Saturday and to b fair it's gone soooo fast, iv lost 32lb so far on it :) it's deffo worth it gooduck xx

Laura, how long have you been on it?

I am really feeling rubbish having not kept much milk down at all - just want to eat something solid.....

Hi im also on day 3 must admit it's hard drinking so much milk, and drinking so much makes me wee an awul lot.

Have you managed to stick to it? What will happen if we 'cheat'??

If you cheat then you run the risk if surgery being cancelled as you need to be able to shrink the liver so they can do the op properly! Also if you can't manage a liquid diet now how will you manage after the op? You could do some serious damage if you cheated then too , really it's not worth it, good luck xx

I don't like the milk and i'm forcing myself to drink it, I asked if i had to drink it and they said YES so i'm just closing my eyes and drinking, dont give them any opportunity to cancel, YOU CAN DO IT....

read my gastric sleeve thread and you ll see what happens if you cheat, how much you want this?.... good luck sweets xx

Kelly, I was determined already that when the time comes I will do it no complaints. Your thread reinforced it tenfold. Thank you!

Maybe you drank the liquids too quickly, or had too much in a short space of time. It happens. While you're on the liquid diet as you're not eating much your stomach shrinks a little too, so fits in less, and perhaps you drank a bit more than was comfortable.

I am 2 weeks into the milk diet, of 5 weeks, and I hate the taste of milk, since I was forced to drink it in junior school, I have been adding no-added sugar crusher to my milk, they suggested it at the hospital, and its fine. Ive been close too but not ill drinking it.

Is it the taste?

Does anyone know if its the milk diet they suggest at the Spire hospital in Manchester and or the Wirral? And what the other possibilities are?

Milk Diet

Hi I have just done 2 weeks on the milk diet and my op was cancelled not because of me but a hospital foul up. Anyway, it was hard for my stomach to adjust to just liquid at first, a lot of wind and heartburn and because of the hunger feeling I felt nauseous. After about day 5 it became better, by day 9 the nausea had come back but added to that was total body weakness and tiredness, even though I was taking my Wellman vitamin suppliments. With 2 days to go I nearly gave in because I felt awful. I called the hospital dieticians and she advised me to go on proper food again (100 Cals a day). I don't know but my head told me you have come this far keep going, and I made it to the op day and as I said it was cancelled, so I have to do it all again. At the moment I am on the 1000 cal diet for a week, next week I begin another 7 days of the milk diet. Hope this helps. Take care and Good Luck.

Bob
xx

i found the constipation was the killer for me ............... you could've tried taking your meds with water 30 minutes before your milk

hiya all. got my surgery 29/june. mr manur at homerton hospital. been on milk diet for6 days now and wondering if i have enough time to shrink my liver as it will only have been 16 days since i started it. surgery brought forward.

Back