• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This milk diet lark is not funny!!

bigkev

Ive just started my milk diet today and i cant believe how hard it is already. I never have breakfast so my metabolism doesnt kick in till lunch time but today i had a glass of juice for breakfast and jelly, fruit and milk since. My wife and son are currently in the dining room enjoying their tea whilst i have locked myself away to sulk lol. I have no doubts that im going to do this(milk diet) but i think its going to be a lot more unpleasant than i first thought.:sigh:

Just hang in there, it gets easier after day 4. If your allowed bovril/oxo, I used to save it until tea time, as it felt like I was having a 'hot meal'. Most of all, remember why your doing it and keep the end goal in sight. This is the easy bit. If you can get through this, the life changes you have to make and stick to post surgery will be a breeze :)

it does get better

im on day 9 now, im not hungry any more and have been to lunch with my friends several times and sat with my pint of milk not bothered in the slightest by them eating next to me

the end result will be worth it, im hoping getting the weight off will help me be a more active mother

Of course yous are right, i got myself into this position so i have no complaints but i have told my missus to wear long sleeves incase i sink my teeth in to her arms in a moment of weakness. But thanks for letting me know it gets easier, getting excited now

Of course yous are right, i got myself into this position so i have no complaints but i have told my missus to wear long sleeves incase i sink my teeth in to her arms in a moment of weakness. But thanks for letting me know it gets easier, getting excited now

get her to coat her arms in marmite, that should keep ur teeth away :)

whens the big day?

lol bang goes that idea lol

good luck next weekend, hope it all goes well. im in this friday for bypass

I'm at the end of day 3, days 1 and 2 were bit tough, hunger and slightly headachey but today has been a breeze (long may it continue). Good luck x

lol bang goes that idea lol

good luck next weekend, hope it all goes well. im in this friday for bypass

Hope all goes well robina. I'm at the surgeon Monday as I've lost more than my 5% target onthe milk diet so they may even be able to squeeze me in seeing as I'm still milk dieting. You never know. Big Kevin, it gets better after day four. After two weeks I'm much better for my de tox, all the muck has been removed from my liver :)

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Here may be a boost for you...in 5 days on a milk diet I lost 13 pounds...amazing isn't it...and so worth it..
good luck with surgery xxx

good luck kev stick with it the end result will be worth it

I've lost 1.5 stone in two weeks on the milk diet. I was given 6 weeks to lose less than a stone, that's six times faster, so stick to it Kevin!

well im half way thru the LRD and have to say that yous were spot on. It really does get easier, and for all i would happily murder someone just to get to the meat stuck between their teeth, i have absolutely no fear or intention of cheating, (although i knew that regardless of how hard it was going to be)
i can now happily sit with the family at meal times and 'enjoy' my jelly and yoghurt tea after a 12 hour shift whilst they are tucking into whatever their greedy fat selfish greasy mouths want (sorry, must control mood swings :))
anyhoo counting down the days

well im half way thru the LRD and have to say that yous were spot on. It really does get easier, and for all i would happily murder someone just to get to the meat stuck between their teeth, i have absolutely no fear or intention of cheating, (although i knew that regardless of how hard it was going to be)
i can now happily sit with the family at meal times and 'enjoy' my jelly and yoghurt tea after a 12 hour shift whilst they are tucking into whatever their greedy fat selfish greasy mouths want (sorry, must control mood swings :))
anyhoo counting down the days

Lol Kevin. It is hard, but then if you want something enough , you will do your best, bar a few blips. I had two milk choc buttons tonight I'm ashamed to say, but they were milk!!!

Haha bigkev that really made me chuckle!!! I made the mistake of taking my mum food shopping yesterday and although I'm finding it fine I was just drooling over the salmon (my only craving) oh dear, what's it come to? X

That sis make me laugh Kev, good luck on your journey, cant wait to read more, have a feeling you wont hold any info back.

Im still waiting for a date at Sunderland, is that where you are having your op? x

oooooo I got my operation date :))))

Thursday 13th feb at Luton. Been told I need a by pass and am happy with that. However I have so much scarring from band in and out and tummy tuck and emergency op last march, they can't guarantee anything as there will be many lesions inside. He will do his best. If not can be sleeved and even worse just sewn back up again. He said I was a real challenge and would be in theatre at least five hours and may need to be opened up rather than key hole. It will be suck it and see. I will also be booked into the high dependency unit afterwards :(.
He is going to video me too through the operation due to the complexities for training purposes. Ill be famous! Ha!

So i have my arthroscopy tomorrow ( knee repair) and then 3 weeks later the big op. ill be a bionic woman :) looking forward to being on the losing side with you all :) whoopie!

Haha glad it's all going well.

LOL at your selfish family eating normally, how RUDE! They should all be on yoghurt too in sympathy ;) ;)

Good luck for the op hun!

Back