• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet - Advice needed

My op is 5th July start pre-op diet on Monday so only 2weeks pre-op so your 16 days is 2 days longer than mine so I should think you will be fine.

Slowly sip your milk and perhaps take the tablets with the milk rather than adding water to the mix which perhaps triggered the reaction you had. But then I have yet to start my milk diet thats due to start on Monday so perhaps I am talking rubbish and will eat my words next week.

the milk diet isn't too bad.i have cheated twice. just with 1 slice of bread and low fat butter. couldn't help it. everyone eating around me. but am gonna try putting that 'crusha' in mine for variety.the nurse at the hosp said some people make milk poles in the freezer..yuk or add milk to the sugar free jelly and chill ( fake blancmange).it's mostly the mind set more than the eating. i only realised that this liquid diet is for at least another month really, post-op etc.

I did my milk diet twice because of the hospital foul up and never gave a thought to the fact that I would still be on it for 2 weeks post op too. Tomorrow is my 2 week surgiversary and I have just progressed to the sloppy runny stage, To be truthful I have been scared to overdo anything in case I burst anything as that would probably mean curtains for me! My liver was shrunk fine apparently after I did 1 week on 100 cals and one week on the milk. Take your tablets with milk as this will help stop you getting any stomach aches because of the lack of food. You will feel a bit weak towards the end of it so take plenty of rest. Good Luck in your journey. xx

hi all. getting the hang of this milk diet. i've lost 13lb in 11 days.. well chuffed. but i wasn't given a target weight to lose before surgery. hope this is enough, still got 5 days to go.

@berny1 - With mine they said they wanted me to lose between 1-2 stone minimum, but and anything is better than nothing, as long as your live has shrunk out of the way that is the most
important thing so the can get to the top of your stomach as the liver lays across it. Well done though you are doing great they should be chuffed. Good luck with your op. xx

Back