• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet and diarrhoea

Damienw1

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is too much information but wanted to know if anyone has had the same I started my milk diet on Tuesday I'm on 4 pints of semi skimmed a day and one bovril drink
Now I've been feeling a bit rubbish on it but I expected that but yesterday day 3 I had the most terrible diarrhoea and I've had to take loads of imodium to get to work today
Did anyone else have the same?
As my diet sheet says the common is constipation I'm the opposite!!
Thanks

los in it

Poor you! I can't help you with your question but I'm guessing drinking that amount of milk is bound to mess up your insides it has nothing solid to work with
Hope it clears up your doing soo well

SAM55

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is too much information but wanted to know if anyone has had the same I started my milk diet on Tuesday I'm on 4 pints of semi skimmed a day and one bovril drink
Now I've been feeling a bit rubbish on it but I expected that but yesterday day 3 I had the most terrible diarrhoea and I've had to take loads of imodium to get to work today
Did anyone else have the same?
As my diet sheet says the common is constipation I'm the opposite!!
Thanks
I had constipation on my milk diet. It may be the fat in the semi-skimmed so might be worth trying skimmed? I had skimmed as I can't tolerate the fat in semi-skimmed.

Damienw1

I had constipation on my milk diet. It may be the fat in the semi-skimmed so might be worth trying skimmed? I had skimmed as I can't tolerate the fat in semi-skimmed.

Thanks might have to give that a go just a bit worried that might not be enough as I'm finding it quite tough as it is might have to contact my team and see what they say

Nixon

You might have discovered you have a lactose intolerance. Normally high consumption of dairy products has the opposite effect.

Damienw1

You might have discovered you have a lactose intolerance. Normally high consumption of dairy products has the opposite effect.

Thanks I never thought of that although I haven't had any problems with dairy before

FeeBee

I'm wondering about that too because for me, like a lot of others, the milk diet made me very constipated. I'm sorry you're finding it tough but a lot of people find it gets easier a few days in. It is good for getting your head in the zone and it does take away having to think about food which is why I loved it. But even if you have to grit your teeth and hate it till the end at least be proud of yourself for sticking with it and getting yourself in the best shape for surgery :)

SAM55

Talk to your team if you're going to try skimmed as they'll want you to drink more than 4 pints as the nutritional value is significantly different.
My team said it made no difference. However, I drank Arla Best of Both which is skimmed, tastes like semi-skimmed and has more protein.

maggy

Hi Damien, I get the runs (yes, TMI ) when I drink too much milk. I've found going onto lactofree milk about 6 months ago made all the difference. Have you seen the November 2016 surgery thread? There are a few of us having surgery this month. I'm on the 17th and just starting the 800 cal pre-op diet. Good luck on your journey!

puddytats

I'm lactose intolerance and high amounts goes straight through me! It doesn't make me constipated at all