• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk diet ill be sick

Its a comitimant to following the rules you are given. Nobody enjoys the milk diet but its a compleat food and does the job of shrinking your liver and cleaning out bits of food in your bowel.
Good luck
x

most hospitals have a choice of pre op diets :) xxx

Caren said:
most hospitals have a choice of pre op diets :) xxx

My hospital give you a choice of 5 :) Considerate methinks lol

there are a few for srh christine but if you're not diabetic its best to do the milk one, i can't stand milk but i knew it would be the best way of getting ready for life straight after the op so i've been on it now since mon 7th nov (self imposed, didn't really need to start till nov 15th but wanted to get cracking!) and i'm finding now that i'm not even hungry, i'm having to set reminders to drink the milk!

its not for that long and in the grand scheme of things its all for the best... awful or not!

i couldnt do the milk diet due to diabetis and multiple gall stones ,and infected gall bladder(removed during bypass,yippee!),any milk caused a terrible attack,,,,,theres lots of options ,just explain to your provider,good luck love x

The pre op diet that I have been on twice now has been the low carbohydrate, low calorie diet that seems to becoming the norm in a lot of hospitals these days. It works wonderfully well for liver shrinkage. If you would like a preview of what it entails you can find it here:

This is from the BOSPA website

Pre-op liver reduction plan

Just because you are awaiting a surgical treatment for your morbid obesity, this is not an excuse to sit back and gorge out on as much food as you can! Any weight you can lose through dieting before your surgery is an advantage - it will make the surgery easier and will reduce the risks associated with it.
Some surgeons mandate a very restricted diet - one that is low in fat, sugar and carbohydrates - for one week prior to surgery and even if your surgeon doesn't ask you to follow this diet, doing so will increase your chances of your operation being completed laparoscopically because it will shrink your liver down in size. By following a strict diet, your body reduces its glycogen stores (glycogen is a form of sugar stored in the liver and muscles for energy). With each ounce of glycogen, the body stores 3–4 ounces of water, so when you follow a very strict diet, especially one that is low in starch and sugar, your body loses its glycogen stores and some water. The liver shrinks as it has less glycogen and water in it. This diet is only recommended for one week before surgery and is not to be followed post–operatively. It is quite possible you lose a lot of weight that week, but it will be mainly be water loss. Please ensure you continue to drink throughout the day.

Here are some menu suggestions:

Breakfast
Small bowl of cereal, or
1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread

Lunch
1 slice bread or 2 crispbreads
Small portion lean meat or fish, or
Small portion cheese, or 2 eggs (not fried)
Green salad (no dressing) or tomatoes

Dinner
Small portion lean meat or fish, or
Small portion low fat cheese, or 2 eggs, or
Tofu or Quorn based dish
1 small potato or 2 tablespoonfuls pasta or rice
Vegetables (as many as you like except for root vegetables)

Daily
1/3 pint milk for use in drinks and on cereal
2 portions of fruit (e.g. apple, orange, banana, pear)
Free water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks
1 low fat, low sugar yogurt or fromage frais

i no i dont have to eat everything i have lost a stone and a half from the seminar to the nurses app that was from may to november i didnt get a weight loss target as she was over the moon with what i had lost all im saying i can not drink milk i would be sick realy sick thanks x

Back