• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet tips?

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Hi does anyone have any?

5 days into my 4 week pre pre milk diet before i meet the surgeon...

im not struggling enough to eat food but am trying to think of different ways i can have milk and sugar free crusha so far i've had it hot and frozen not much else i can do i guess lol

how did you cope?

I'm on day one of mine, I'm sure after 5 days I'll b looking for ideas too good luck wat dates ur surgery? Xx

Hi

here are a few ideas

Add some cinnamon and vanilla essence to your milk - hot or cold it's rather nice!

For a salty drink with a bit of a kick - mix half a teaspoon of chicken Bovril, half an Oxo Curry cube, a tiny sprinkle of sweetener and boiling water - it's the closest you can get to having a curry!

Squeeze the juice from a bit of fresh ginger, add some zest from a lemon and a bit of liquid sweetner to either milk or yoghurt.

I saw these on another forum and hope they might help

Debbie x

I managed 5 weeks on the milk diet as I couldnt get an appointment for 4 weeks after!! but I used to drink 1 pint for breakfast, then another at about 12 o'clock then about 1 o'clock I would have a chicken oxo for my lunch then another pint of milk about 5ish then another chicken oxo for tea about 6 or 7 o'clock then I would have another pint about 9 'clock then in between I would have the jelly.

I have stuck to that this time too as I am on the pre op but I am struggling with the jelly as I think I ate too many last time and its put me off lol

Hope this helps

Debbie

Just wanted to say "keep up the good work"!!!

Milk jellies were my saviour as I have a sweet tooth ! I made up my daily allowance ( 1 sachet of S/F) into 3 glasses. I had them as my 'dessert' at lunch, dinner and 'danger time' in the evening.

I found strawberry flavour makes the best milk jellies.

Keep up the good work x x

how are you getting on Louisa...
I personally was told I could use slim fast but it was a straight swap 1 pint of milk for one slimfast..
But as they are high in sugar and I am trying to bring them(blood sugars) down I haven't tried it yet...

i have whizzed some chrushed ice and milk with the SF crusher.
I was told I could mix milk with the oxo and with the jelly..but personally this is not to my taste!!
I have found the key is to plan it out..as I am finding after 2 hours of 1 pint of milk I am hungry.

I hope your getting on ok hun
thinking of you.xxxxx

how are you getting on Louisa...
I personally was told I could use slim fast but it was a straight swap 1 pint of milk for one slimfast..
But as they are high in sugar and I am trying to bring them(blood sugars) down I haven't tried it yet...

i have whizzed some chrushed ice and milk with the SF crusher.
I was told I could mix milk with the oxo and with the jelly..but personally this is not to my taste!!
I have found the key is to plan it out..as I am finding after 2 hours of 1 pint of milk I am hungry.

I hope your getting on ok hun
thinking of you.xxxxx

YUCK! :) Milk and oxo!

didn't think I would like the jellies but they are okay.

Have you tried to increase your fluids in between your milk? I found it difficult to also drink 1 - 1.5 litres of fluid as well as the milk because I always felt 'full'.

Try having a drink (non alcoholic :D) every hour ; vary hot /cold. It must be so difficult for you as variable blood sugar levels must increase your desire for food.

good luck hun x x

Hi Kevin

I have just private messaged you the diet

Debbie x

YUCK! :) Milk and oxo!

didn't think I would like the jellies but they are okay.

Have you tried to increase your fluids in between your milk? I found it difficult to also drink 1 - 1.5 litres of fluid as well as the milk because I always felt 'full'.

Try having a drink (non alcoholic :D) every hour ; vary hot /cold. It must be so difficult for you as variable blood sugar levels must increase your desire for food.

good luck hun x x

lol..yes indeed ..yuck..I haven't even tried it as it makes me feel nauseous lol

I am drinking a pint of squash at the 2 hour interval...I only have one cup of coffee a day..
I know why I am hungry..my blood sugars have dropped below 6 for the first time in years..its just a question of working through it..

but I have to say I feel fantastic..my skin is better,and I don't feel tired (unlike when I was on the insulin 2 weeks ago!)

how are you doing Louisa?????

lol..yes indeed ..yuck..I haven't even tried it as it makes me feel nauseous lol

I am drinking a pint of squash at the 2 hour interval...I only have one cup of coffee a day..
I know why I am hungry..my blood sugars have dropped below 6 for the first time in years..its just a question of working through it..

but I have to say I feel fantastic..my skin is better,and I don't feel tired (unlike when I was on the insulin 2 weeks ago!)

how are you doing Louisa?????

Embroidery lessons?!! :D:D x

can someone end me this milk diet i hopefully see consultant 23rd this month a few extra pounds off would be fab :D xxx

Ive only been on the milk diet for 1 1/2 weeks, and lost about 24 lb so far, wish i had known about this diet years ago, im loving it, well apart from the constant toilet breaks lol.

I feel so much better already, and can notice my shape changing.

Good luck everyone.

thank you everyone so much I totally forgot i had written this post lol

Laura - god knows lol i am doing a prepre op and have loost 5% before they will request funding for my op

I'm on day one of mine, I'm sure after 5 days I'll b looking for ideas too good luck wat dates ur surgery? Xx

Please can someone send me the milk diet too, Thanks Karen

Back