• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

cherry

hi im just wondering ive seen people mention the milk diet.... i know its done with the bypass to shrink the liver incase they need to get the gall bladder out but do they put you on this diet for lapband??.... im going for one of them you see and so far its not been mentioned to me... thanks in advance for replies xxx

Yes Kelly you have to do a pre op diet for either surgery! If you've not got to the pre op appt stage of your journey yet then it may be they haven't mentioned it but they will. If you are diabetic they will more than likely put you on a low carb low calorie diet instead.

hth x

Hi julie thanks for that :) oo ok it ll prob be mention then on my third appointment thats when they see if ive reached my weight loss target, gotta lose 4 kgs and weighed myself this morning and ive lost 3 pound :) soooo ive 5 to go , gosh, 2 weeks of just milk is it?... haa o well its for a very good cause! i see you ve all ready ahd your surgery did you struggle much just having milk??..... xxx

Kelly i am diabetic so i did the food diet! And god did i struggle, luckily i only did it for a week as they brought my op date forward. By the end of the week i was looking at my husband lustfully he's elbow was looking very edible lol xx

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA julie that made me laugh! god ...i can stick to a diet so ill have to do it but i hate milk!!!! bluerrrghhhhhh the thought of only having that for 2 weeks makes me shudder, but like i said if its gonna have to be done then ill do it obviously! i cant imagine you feeling great tho xx

Kelly you can use your milk to make sugar free milk jelly and also make milky coffee's which are very satisfying when hungry! You just need to be inventive with it :) x

o good god well im screwed lol i hate coffee and milky jelly bluerrghhh haha ooo ill have to just drink it ice cold.... :-/ its only 14 days right! xx

you will be put on a milk pre op diet, nightmare lol, we do have a food 1 but thats for the diabetics, our pre op diet is for 10 days, kelly ya posting every thing in the introduction section you need to now post in the wls section x

hey liz... im bit confused by the site it wont let me yet post in the wls section?!?..... i thought maybe its because it says you have to be on for a certain while x

it should let you post any where on the forum, how strange hhmm maybe a moderator can look in to this for you x

Hi Kelly, I'm now 9 days into the milk diet and have lost 15lb, seem to be losting 1lb+ per day which must be mostly fluid.

I hate milk, jelly and coffee too and found the first few days a real struggle due to the hunger pangs. On day 4 the hunger pangs dissappeared and now i'm fine as long i don't allow myself to dwell on food.

Am drinking diet coke mostly which I like, however, as I am now drinking more of this I am using a straw to limit the possibility of my teeth becoming discoloured.

All the best with the diet. :)

I'm type 2 diabetic, so will I have to do a food diet instead of milk when the time comes?
If so, any idea what it consists of - I'm really, really fussy :eek:

think its extremely low fat loads of protein and basically no carbs... xx

think its extremely low fat loads of protein and basically no carbs... xx

Thanks hun, that doesn't sound too bad.
x

no worries x

Back