• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet...

carla3674

Hi all x when on the milk diet, are you allowed horlicks, options etc to put in it....or does that mess it up? X

I saw dietician on Friday (st Richards) and she said the same as earlier answer- sugar free crusha seems to be the only thing we can use to drink, or sugar free jelly to make milk Jelly to eat.

The reason behind it (very loosely) is that you need to starve yourself of sugar so that instead of burning the sugar intake as you consume it, your body will burn the sugar which is stored in or around (?) the liver which in turn shrinks it ready for the op.
as your liver sits in front of your stomach its important it is reduced in size to make the op as safe as possible.
This is as much as I got to grips with haha!!

X

You can put things like vanilla essence or nutmeg in it too. I have some sugar free coffee syrups, but only have them once a day, because the more (fake) sweet things you have the more you crave them

I am quite looking forward to this diet as I love milky drinks but knowing my luck they'll put me on the low cal food one instead.

Back