• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet?

Badgerpink

Could someone please give me the details of the milk diet , quantity and extras ect... Would like to prepare myself thanks x

When you see the dietician they will give you all the info on the milk diet and how long you need to do it for.
I'm starting mine tomorrow and these are the guidelines I have been given:
4 pints of semi-skimmed milk (2 litres) and 2 pints (1litre) of other fluid. 1 Sanatogen A-Z Complete or Centrum multi vitamins. 1 salty drink e.g. Stock cube, oxo, marmite, bovril etc
NO FOOD!
You must also take at least 2 pints of fluid in addition to your milk. You are not allowed any diet fizzy drinks, however diet soft drinks e.g. squash is allowed if it is less than 7 calories per 300ml. You can include:
Tea or coffee, herbal or lemon tea (add sweetener if desired but not sugar)
Water
Sugar free squashes ( check its sugar free or no added sugar)
Vanilla essence (or other flavours) or no added sugar Crusha liquid (except chocolate version) can be added to milk as flavouring (check label to ensure it contains no sugar)
Allowed extras
1 sachet (1 pint/600ml) of sugar free jelly per day
Sugar free chewing gum ( max 3 sticks per day)

Hope this helps, but please wait until you see your dietician to confirm what they want you to do, as each hospital has different plans etc. This is just to give you an idea of what St Richards has given me.

Hope all goes well and you don't have to wait too long :) x

different providers follow different guidelines even for the milk diet, som allow milkshake, some don't. Some allow chewing gum, some don't it will probably be a case of being aware but not fully knowing until they tell you.

How long have you been on the list for? Iv been on nearly 7 months and looking at my being in June sometime hopefully

I hope to be put on the list after I see the dietician and they apply for funding if it is successful. You haven't long to wait at all now then ? When did start your journey??

I hope to be put on the list after I see the dietician and they apply for funding if it is successful. You haven't long to wait at all now then ? When did start your journey??

I first went to my GP in June last year then 12 weeks later (September) I had my appointment at derby, then I was put on the list straight away I didn't have to wait for the 3 months so all in all it will have been a year from start to finish by the time I get my op

I first went to my GP in June last year then 12 weeks later (September) I had my appointment at derby, then I was put on the list straight away I didn't have to wait for the 3 months so all in all it will have been a year from start to finish by the time I get my op

That's great, its been a year for me now sigh...I saw my gp in march 12 went to dietician may discharged sept referred nov appointment feb so they are taking there sweet time with me there was a lost referral in there too, but hey i will get there one day. Good luck for the rest of your journey and hope you get the op date thru soon

Be patient it's all worth it, I've been waitin 2 years now and had to fight all the way! Finally got my date of 17 April and have been on pre op diet since 20 April. I've gone with slim fast which consists of 4 shakes a day and 1 bovril drink. It's so hard and have had the odd slip up. I know it feels like forever when your waiting for dates and appointments. You'll get there hun! Good luck x

Back