• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

Yep. Lots of people on nhs have to do it before getting surgery. You'll need willpower of steel though oh and a passion for milk!

Good luck on the milk diet :)

I had to do it for four weeks initially and then two weeks before the op. not much fun :(

Hi... how did u find it? they havent told me 2 do it i dont have my pre op appointment till the 1st of may...but im now in the frame of mind... no time like the present... put a thread on earlier about gainin weight since the last appointment.. an had some good advise... mind u it wasnt 2 do the milk diet but i figured... might as well get use 2 it :)

your doin fab...well done :) x

Hi... how did u find it? they havent told me 2 do it i dont have my pre op appointment till the 1st of may...but im now in the frame of mind... no time like the present... put a thread on earlier about gainin weight since the last appointment.. an had some good advise... mind u it wasnt 2 do the milk diet but i figured... might as well get use 2 it :)

your doin fab...well done :) x

Thank you!!

My hospital insisted that you did it for a month to lose 5% of your weight, it was to show that you could stick with the program of eating, there are a lot of us from Luton and Dunstable hospital who have been through the 4 week milk diet!!

The main problem with the milk diet for me was constipation, you must guard against that or it'll end in tears, take laxatives religiously unless milk causes the opposite!!!

If we did not do the 5% we were given an extra three weeks to continue with the loss and then you would be off the program :( If you stuck to the milk diet you could easily achieve the 5%.

The second time was much much harder the weight loss wasn't as good and a week into it they allowed me to swap to the low cal, high protein version as I was bunged up again.

Good luck, just stick to the rules your team have set to be in with the best chance.
xx

Back