• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the MILK diet???????

babybell

What is the milk diet and where can i get it ????/

lcld

it should really be called the lcld (low calorie liquid diet) but as the only food you take in is milk thats what it gets called ;)

its usually 4-6 pints of milk plus water or nas fruit squash and oxo/bovril drinks oh and sugar free jellies

Hi Babybell.
The milk diet is actually designed to shrink your liver prior to surgery and to get you used to a liquid diet post surgery. Fortunately it can also mean quiet good weight loss although some have achieved less than others.
A typical day for me is
  • breakfast tea and a banana followed by a pint of Milk (semi skimmed)
  • mid Morning 500ml water
  • Lunch oxo cube in water, small low fat youghurt and an apple folowed by a pint of Milk
  • Mid afternoon 500 ml water
  • Dinner Pint of Milk, small low fat yoghurt and peice of fruit
  • Mid evening sugar free jelly

That does not sound nice at all but thank you for telling me. ;-)

Fortunately I quite like milk so it's not been too hard for me and I only have one day left to do it now, but I know others have opted for other non dairy Liver shrinkage diets for various reasons.

That does not sound nice at all but thank you for telling me. ;-)
thanks babybel i was just thinking that but i thought it was the liver shrinking diet as brian so brilliantly explaind it.

If you are lucky your provider will give you the low carb diet,some prefer the strictness of the milk one, personally I would of hated it too!

My milk diet was three pints of milk and two muller lights every day for two weeks. Lost 17lb. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Milk diet is the pre-op liver reduction diet and not designed for normal weight loss although there is I think a similar type of diet some are put on longer term depending on the hospital.

Hi Babybell, My friend had a bypass at Sunderland last year, she had the option of two liver reducing diets.... one milk and one more varied.... I adore milk but not sure I could manage 3+ pints per day.... will see what they advise me to do ;o) x

Back