• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk...Yak!!!

clairer17

Im no where near ready for liver reduction diet but......im already starting to worry I hate milk ive never drank it since I was at infant school and im now 43....help

Ask your provider for a different diet?

I used to hate milk and avoid it as it did nasty things to me when running.

Since my first pre-op in June 2012, I'm addicted and have been on virtually just milk for 17 weeks until this week :D

My friends wonder if I had a Costa cup surgically attached to me in the hospital :rolleyes:

Try it with No Added Sugar Crusha Milkshake syrup, it comes in strawberry and raspberry flavours. I also find that the posher the milk the nicer the taste, so I tend to drink Waitrose Duchy Skimmed now. You can also freeze the milk shakes to make milk-pops.

Failing that see if your team have another option, mine have 5.

I had the choice of several liver shrinkage diets, so you shouldn't have to worry. I don't think they would put you on milk if you can't standard or can't tolerate it.

I read that as needing yak's milk, I was wondering where to get it from outside of Tibet :)

I only usually have milk on cereal. I drink black coffee and rarely have tea and that has to be with just a splash of milk. So I was a little concerned about the milk diet.

However, I'm on day 5 and am coping well with the addition of the no added sugar crusha and making a milk jelly every day. I might be hooked on milkshakes now!

If it's such a bad choice for you, I'd ask your provider for an alternative.

it might be worth considering soya or nut milk instead? maybe mix milk with yoghurt? I must admit, I am not a great fan of milk since refusing to drink those little 1/3 pint lukewarm horrid things at school, but when it is ice cold, with a little touch of mint in then it is more than acceptable and quite refreshing xxxx

ah TJ you went to Tibet? I am sooooo jealous! I have travelled some, but no where near as much as I want! My big claim is that I spent 3 weeks exploring the antarctic peninsular before hubby and I started trying for children as we knew we would never be able to afford it once we had kids!

Witch.... Ooohhhh Antartica, we've decided not to go there as we've done the other end up to the 80th parallel, ie the North Pole. Went to Everest Base Camp last year, hence the yak's.

Back