• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milky drinks?

Raynebubble

sorry i know i think ihave brougt this up before but i cant find my link...

when you have a milky drink, do you stop drinking other fluids 30 mins before and 30 mins after?

silly quein i know... but just wanted to kno what you guys do? x

Sorry I don't have the answer but very good question. Hadn't thought of that. Makes sense not to drink round milk as you might miss out on all the goodness. Looking forward to the answer ;)

anna2131 said:
I'm newly post op and I was wondering something as I've been treating my milky drink same as food not drinking other fluids until the time span !! X x

I have to be honest but you never know. We could be surprised.
When I have milky coffee it's made half and half :-S

No, as it passes straight through anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No, as it passes straight through anyway.

do you count your milky drink if you have one as fluids then?

I always wait but i don't know whether I should or not. Just hoping to absorb some of the protein which is the sole reason I drink it as I am a cheese hater.

yeah see that is my quiery also... and i can get hold of my hospital to find out.... i dont drink much milk... only prob one milky hot choc in the evening.. although not bothered the last few days, i may have a cheese triangle at lunch, but i dont like yogurts... so the milky drink really is my only calcium.. and i do put marvel in it x

I counted mine as fluids yes. Are you on calcium supplements? There are other edible sources of calcium, green veg I think but google should help. It's the most important post op vit for women.

im not on any calcium tabs at all... but i am trying to add cheese to stuff like beans and mash, and lunch having cheese triangles on crackerbreads with ham.. and i have mainly green beans with dinner x

i know im confused too..people are saying dferent things... ive emailed my dietician but she is only there on a Thursday!

It's unusual to not be on calcium, while a lot varies that is pretty constant across the country.

i dont know... i wasnt prescribed it at the hospital..so i dont take it... i guess if i need it i will be told when i see the consultant at the end of feb x

shelbell said:
It's unusual to not be on calcium, while a lot varies that is pretty constant across the country.

Rake lane don't advise calcium tabs either only fast tabs and multi vits, 2 multi vits for bypass. I wonder why it's so different. x x x

I didnt get calcium from the hospital but they did send a letter to my Gp telling them to prescribe calcium, iron and my b12 injection. maybe ask ur GP Rayne see if they will prescribe it for u, its my fav tablet as its chewable so easy to swallow ha xx

im not on any calcium tabs at all... but i am trying to add cheese to stuff like beans and mash, and lunch having cheese triangles on crackerbreads with ham.. and i have mainly green beans with dinner x

The calcium i am on is part of the vit d vitamins, do you have those?

Yes been on them since my hysterectomy over 8yrs ago to prevent osteoperosis. But they did suggest it at the hospital & despite them the milk & yoghurts etc my tests have come back suggesting I need more we'll see what the next one in a couple of weeks says.

i was given the vit d tabs the vit d -3 by the hospital a year back and took them... the once you suck... they were absolutley horrible.... i stopped them about 5 months ago when my doctor said he didnt know i avd to continue them or not... so i havnt had them since. I will wait until my 3 month check which is at 4 months!!! (march) to see if i need to take them... but i coulnt stand them so i will see if there is any other way of having them ifi need them,.. they were calcichews x

Back