• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Heitmann

smiler2009

Hi Im new to the site and Im having a bypass at Walsall on the 3 July! Im excited and scared all at the same time.
I have seen Mr Khan and Mr Heartland had all my pre op bloods etc was given my date and then had confirmation of my op date and it was only then that I found out Miss Heitmann will being doing my op. I was a bit shocked as I have never meet her and had spent time finding out about Mr Khan. Did this happen to anyone else? How did you op go ? Sorry if this seems like a silly question and as I said before maybe its just me having a panic.:wave_cry:

Hi Im new to the site and Im having a bypass at Walsall on the 3 July! Im excited and scared all at the same time.
I have seen Mr Khan and Mr Heartland had all my pre op bloods etc was given my date and then had confirmation of my op date and it was only then that I found out Miss Heitmann will being doing my op. I was a bit shocked as I have never meet her and had spent time finding out about Mr Khan. Did this happen to anyone else? How did you op go ? Sorry if this seems like a silly question and as I said before maybe its just me having a panic.:wave_cry:

hello didnt want to read and run ........welcome to minmins and good luck with everything :D

all the best - mejulie xx

I have got Miss Heitmann, my op is on Friday, all being well. I haven't met her either but know a couple of people who have had their ops successfully with her. She only performs open surgeries, but no doubt you were aware you'd be having open surgery anyway..? I believe she is/was a breast cancer surgeon and general surgeon and has been under Mr Khan's wing for a while.

chivasgirl

good luck for friday xx (p.s. I worked out to enlarge this screen, its control and the plus icon) ty anyway xx speedy recovery xx

I have got Miss Heitmann, my op is on Friday, all being well. I haven't met her either but know a couple of people who have had their ops successfully with her. She only performs open surgeries, but no doubt you were aware you'd be having open surgery anyway..? I believe she is/was a breast cancer surgeon and general surgeon and has been under Mr Khan's wing for a while.

DON'T PANIC!!!! She is a delight!! She came to see me on the ward, before the op. She came to see me everyday I was in. Before the op she came to talk to me in the little anti-room and even came to talk to me as I was leaving on the Sunday. She put her arm round me and wished me well. My op was on a Friday and I came home on the Sunday. It felt almost too early, but actually, I was just glad to get home to my own bed. Hope that helps.

Nervous!!! Have been doing the milk diet which has been fine, haven't had any issues except a bit of a headache which turned into a migraine over the first few days. Got rid of that and have been fine. Now starting to feel too real, I know I need to sort my bag out!!! Got one day left at work. BUT I am quietly optimistic about the future, and keeping fingers crossed all goes well!! No doubt my hubby will post update for me, so look out for it!!

How about you?? Not that long for you either, when do you start preop diet and what are you going to do?

Ladybird Gal, when did you have your swallow test, as I was under the impression that you can't leave til you've had that, and that you can't have it on a weekend? Also that you can't get your prescriptions and fortimel etc until the Monday either? I was hoping to get out Sunday but thought perhaps cos I live so far away they might say it was better to stay in til the Monday anyway - probably better than having to sit in a car for 1.5 hours after surgery and another 3 hours the next day to get stuff!!!!

Smiler, just keep on smiling!!! You will be fine and so will I! I'll update properly as soon as I feel well enough!

The diet starts this friday and Im going to do the milk diet. I think if I do the plan with food I will want to eat more and I want to eliminate anychance of overeating!!! I really hope all goes well for you and will be keeping and eye out for any updates.

Ladybird Gal, when did you have your swallow test, as I was under the impression that you can't leave til you've had that, and that you can't have it on a weekend? Also that you can't get your prescriptions and fortimel etc until the Monday either? I was hoping to get out Sunday but thought perhaps cos I live so far away they might say it was better to stay in til the Monday anyway - probably better than having to sit in a car for 1.5 hours after surgery and another 3 hours the next day to get stuff!!!!!

I thought that too. When I had my op I was told that they didn't do a swallow test but pump air through to check for leakage whilst you are still in the theatre. The nurses sorted me enough meds to see me through for a couple of days because the doctor hadn't signed the prescription. I (well OH) was able to pick up the rest on the following day. The fortimel and a sharps bucket (to dispose of needles from Clexane) were given by Ana before the weekend. I must say that once I knew I could go home I was glad. x x

Smiler, I thought the milk diet would be easier and I am convinced it has been. I would have gone slightly over the 85g or however much you're allowed of meat, sneaked a mouthful from the pan before it was weighed, that kind of thing. It has been so easy - 1x1 ltr carton of soya milk, 4 yogs and then a couple of bovril/stock etc!!

A fellow minimins-er had her op cancelled three times I think it was. It was set for xyz date, then brought forward, then that date was postponed by a week, then again, but I think in the end her final date was either just before or just after the original one.

Ladybird Gal, I think hubby would even prefer to come and get me on Sunday and go back by himself to pick up the injections etc, to get me home earlier! I wonder if they would do a deal with my local hospital so I don't have to go back there until my checkups!!!

It looks like it changed since I had my op in jan09 Had op on the friday but had to wait till monday for swollow test then came home once they said it was ok.

Miss heitmann did my op She came to see me the night before and the morning of the op then again when I was in the small room next to the threatre then again when I was on the table and everyday after my op till I went home she also let me go on full fluids 2 days before my swollow test. Look out for her groovy socks lolol

Thanks for the well-wishes. Feel like I need them today, not feeling so hot, in terms of very nervous, have bit of hayfever affecting my throat so feel all bunged up!!

Teen, thanks for that - I will tell her in advance that I have a long drive so if possible it would be good to not have to go back again!

Back