• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My turn coming up!!

chivasgirl

I had anaesthetist appt today and have been given an op date of Friday 19 June!!!

Have a slight reservation as it is my mum's birthday - she died of a (second) brain aneurysm nearly 6 years ago aged 58, she would have been 64 this year. So, she's either going to look down (or up, more likely, knowing her!) and keep me safe, or she'll decide she wants company for her birthday!!! Maybe if it were her 65th she'd be inviting me along to her party!!!

Sure it will all be well, I will be having Miss Heitmann as opposed to Mr Khan, but I am sure that will be fine! Seems like it's been such a long journey already, but actually it was August 08 when I went to the docs, November when I saw the consultant, Jan/Feb when I got funding and then had it withdrawn, and then March when I got the funding yet again, had first preop in April and second today, so really it's been all go!!

A lesson to be learned - life goes alot easier if you don't spend every moment fretting about things you can do nothing about!!!

lorna your mum would want you to do this to better your life she will watch over you, firstly you do this for you and secondly to make her proud ! this is a positive to move forward in your life and your mum i believe would want you to do so as well x

after all mums know best either way, listen to your heart and do what your heart tells you.
liz xxx

My mum struggled with her weight her whole life. She was constantly on diets, I went to weightwatchers for the first time at about 14 years old with her. She had the skinniest legs, slim neck and arms, but just had this tum from having 4 kids. But when we were sorting her stuff out, we found sweets EVERYWHERE in her bedroom!!!! Bags of pick n mix all over the shop (or pub actually as she ran a pub with my dad). Part of the reason I wanted to do this was because I saw how she made weight the big feature of her life, everything was based around what she could or couldn't eat.

My mum struggled with her weight her whole life. She was constantly on diets, I went to weightwatchers for the first time at about 14 years old with her. She had the skinniest legs, slim neck and arms, but just had this tum from having 4 kids. But when we were sorting her stuff out, we found sweets EVERYWHERE in her bedroom!!!! Bags of pick n mix all over the shop (or pub actually as she ran a pub with my dad). Part of the reason I wanted to do this was because I saw how she made weight the big feature of her life, everything was based around what she could or couldn't eat.

well there you go lorna she would want you to do this as she knows what it feels like, i feel she would back you all the way on this hun xxxx

:angel:Lorna I agree with Liz, if your Mum was here she would back you into getting your life sorted for a healthier one. Maybe the date they have given you was a message from your Mum. Letting you know she's still around to watch over her precious daughter.You will be fine because if your Mum ran a pub then she must have been a very sociable person and will probably gather every angel up there to watch over you too.Good luck and try and think of this as a positive on your weight loss journey. I'm a big believer in angels and when I went in for my op on 1st of may I had a little prayer to my guardian angel to not let me have the op if it was'nt going to work and low and behold it was cancelled at the last minute. Did the same when I went in on the 18th and my op went ahead, so to me it was a sign that it was a safe move.Sorry for rambling but when loved ones die they don't leave us. they just hang around in the back ground unseen unheard but very protective. xxxGaynorxxx:angel:

ahh Lorna i agree with Liz and Gaynor she would want this for you and is with you for the duration of it, she will encourage you and watch over you during your op

So now you know Lorna it's time to lose that weight when the time comes and when you are 64 you will look back on you op date and know it was the right thing to do - also don't you think the date is significant your mum's birthday i think that is a VERY VERY good omen. Congratulations sweetheart not long now - sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep you safe x

congratulations Lorna. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure your mum will be watching over you too xx

10 days to go

10 days till my gastric bypass at the Spire, Southampton. My op is on my dads 88th birthday, I look after him, I don't live with him but see him most days and phone 3 or 4 times daily! When I come out of hospital I will have to move in with him!! How much will I be able to do? Also, I will not be able to get to shops for food etc as I won't be able to drive, what food should I have in ready for when I come out of hospital?:confused:

Back