• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

moist incision

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hey everyone, my stitches came out this morning, and all is well :) but one port, on the right is slightly moist, ive put a plaster on it to hold it together, just in case. Anyone else had this? xxx

I'm not sure if a plaster will be good Caren as it may well retain the moisture. However, you will need to keep it clean so I'm not sure what to suggest other than an absorbing dressing which allows the skin to breathe and change it regularly.

Speak to your team if you get really concerned, I'm sure it will be fine in a few days xx

Thanks Jen, i think i'll go and buy some steri strips xxx

I forgot to add, I had a little one cm in the centre of my scar that was a bit weepy after the stitches were removed and my district nurse said this was not unusual as sometimes after surgery there is fluids under the skin that need to work their way out somewhere so they find a week point and drain naturally. She suggested a dry dressing like I said above and sure enough it weeped for a few days then was fine. I changed the dressing after my shower in a morning until it had all dried up. x

I forgot to add, I had a little one cm in the centre of my scar that was a bit weepy after the stitches were removed and my district nurse said this was not unusual as sometimes after surgery there is fluids under the skin that need to work their way out somewhere so they find a week point and drain naturally. She suggested a dry dressing like I said above and sure enough it weeped for a few days then was fine. I changed the dressing after my shower in a morning until it had all dried up. x
thanks for that Jen :) sounds a bit like mine, its not out and out weeping, just a little moist and not quite together in the middle xxx

Caren ..the wound that the drain came out of .on my right was the same so my freind put some sterio? strips over it for a couple of days. Its well healed now c

Caren ..the wound that the drain came out of .on my right was the same so my freind put some sterio? strips over it for a couple of days. Its well healed now c
thanks clair, yeah its the drain hole lol xxx

Love stereo strips! Do they play good music lol!!

But yes, steri strips are the way to go Caren, and yes, I also had a moist slightly weeping wound for a while. Keep it clean dry and covered; it will get better.

Love stereo strips! Do they play good music lol!!

But yes, steri strips are the way to go Caren, and yes, I also had a moist slightly weeping wound for a while. Keep it clean dry and covered; it will get better.
Thanks Ruthie, ive put salt water on it, i think i'll leave it alone now lol xxx

I'm so excited for you Caren, whoooooohoooo xxx

Keep an eye on it if it starts to hurt or feel hot or your temperature is at all raised get that shrinking arse to your GP

Karlos said:
Keep an eye on it if it starts to hurt or feel hot or your temperature is at all raised get that shrinking arse to your GP

Lol thanks karlos xxx

from me phone :D

Yes I have had this problem my gp nurse put a dressing on it that draws it in and akes the moisture out sorry I can't remember the name of it maybe if you see you gp nurse they will be able to deal with it. Good luck

Back