• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Monday meeting...

markelsie

Saw my consultant surgeon Mr Fiennes today and it now all starts to slowly sink in "what's in store" as he weighed me,measured me etc and asked lots of questions about ME....I'm now cranking myself up for a July op date for my by-pass and it now starts to sink in "why" and how I let myself get in this position as normally in life I'm in control BUT food or should I say "the way I behave" round food have the upper hand....FOR NOW.
M...

good luck with everything i know what you mean im a control freak in allways but food just beats me every time just cant say no:wave_cry:

Saw my consultant surgeon Mr Fiennes today and it now all starts to slowly sink in "what's in store" as he weighed me,measured me etc and asked lots of questions about ME....I'm now cranking myself up for a July op date for my by-pass and it now starts to sink in "why" and how I let myself get in this position as normally in life I'm in control BUT food or should I say "the way I behave" round food have the upper hand....FOR NOW.
M...

Hi will keep my fingers, toes, legs and whatever else i can think of crossed fot a july op date. janey :):)

Hi Markelsie how long have you been waiting for your op is it band or bypass is it at uchl sorry about all the questions but that is where I am hopefully going to have mine under Mr Fiennes congratulations and good luck

hi mark
i thought you were having your op with el hasani?
lisa xxx

Ladies....thanks for all your kind words of support as it all starts to become "reality" now and all the pro's and cons just seem to be popping up every where....And Lisa I am currently with El-Hasani but have laboured long and hard and my head is like a "see-saw" as I try to balance up going PRIVATE v NHS as I'm far from made of money and will have to borrow to pay for the procedure OR I have to wait on the NHS and from recent updates they have told me sadly it will be well over the 12 month wait and I do accept things can change but for me and how I currently feel I dont think I can wait that long.Either way they are big choices......
Mark

hi mark
i did wonder if you were thinking of going private when i read another of your posts. over 12mths is a very long time its so annoying when they cant give you a date. i think i would definatley have gone private if i could have. where are you getting it done if you do decide to go private?
lisa xxx

Lisa
Sorry for the delay in responding to your earlier message I seem to struggle picking up the right thread and responding.My choice has not been easy as know doubt for every one here where surgery is concerned and also throw in finding the £££ BUT it took a bit of convincing by some people and wife that "I AM WORTH IT" as for to long I have not felt that worthy of the cost to go private but now things are slowly changing.I could have gone to Chelsfield Pk but have been very impressed by Alberic Fiennes who is a leading surgeon I have been put in contact with who works out of UCL in London and also where I will be "hopefully going" in Cheam to St.Antony's...
Markx

im suprised your not sticking with el hasani if youve already had an op with him, im 3wks on from surgery now, my scars are hardly noticeable and the pain completely gone

lisa xxx

My only problem Lisa is the long wait on the NHS and I was also introduced to another surgeon who also gets very good reviews.So for you so far was it worth it???????
MXX

Like most say on here it was the best decision of my life i just wish it had happend sooner and thats after just 3 wks!!! Mr el hasani does private at chelsfield and beckenham doesnt he?

Lisa xxx

Back