• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My one and Only Problem......

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
.....since having my surgery, is that I am cold all the time. granted I have lost almost 8 stone, which was a lot of padding, but I just cant warm up. my fingers are like ice all the time.
anyone else found this?? :gen125:

Kim
I am coming up to the 6 wks post op but have not been warm since. I, like you have already lost some of the padding (5st) but it is my hands and feet that really feel it

Snap! Feel the cold a lot more, glad it's Summer now! Well, apparantly it's Summer now... :rolleyes: :badmood: :gen125:
Cuppa xx

when i first had my op I was so hot all the time even on the coldest days of december I was boiling hot and eating ice lollies by the box full but now I am 8 1/2 stone lighter and I am so cold all the time, I have even taken to wearing socks in bed which I have never done before. I have been told this is all normal as all the others I have spoken to say the same, they all feel so cold now. xxx

Oh my god yes. I am ALWAYS cold now.

I'm dreading my next gas bill.

My hands are always cold unless there is a cuppa in them :)

Sometimes it drives me so nuts but its a small price to pay for getting healthier and I am sure it will normalise at some point.

When I was a counsellor and doing the Cambridge Diet, we learned that when eating very little, your heart concentrates on pumping blood to your most important organs and tends to forget a little about your fingers and toes, hence the big chill !!

When I was a counsellor and doing the Cambridge Diet, we learned that when eating very little, your heart concentrates on pumping blood to your most important organs and tends to forget a little about your fingers and toes, hence the big chill !!

I'm glad there's another reason other than the layer of blubber disappearing!

I'm the same as everyone, before the op I was always too hot, now my fingers and toes feel like they have been packed in ice.

I already suffer from pins & needles in my hands which lose feeling when I'm cold - and I haven't even had my op yet ! It worries me as I'm a musician, a photographer and a rifle/pistol shooter... all of which require me to have good feeling in my fingertips.

Rose

I was told last week by my doctor that 1 of the reasons is your sugar count ie if it goes low you it affects your body temp plus of course when you lose a lot of weight you lose your padding, i was always hot (in temperature only) now ime freezing i go to a lot of mmusic gigs and was sweating within 10 mins in a t shirt now i have jumpers jackets etc fastened up

Hi all

I not had surgery yet but with the weight I lost I feel the cold more, I never even used to wear coats in the winter (even in the snow) and now am the owner of 5/6 coats Lol..

All the best MeJulie x x

im always cold at night i wear 2 dressing gowns and sit next to a very hot radiator to try and keep warm.

Hmmm...can't just be the padding as I'm only 4 stone down and have about 8 more to go but am sooooo cold all the time.

I'm bloody freezing all the time!!!! Yes apparently it's normal.

I am the same. Husband and I getting close to divorce - he's very hot and hates having the heating on, and I am freezing and always want it on! We still have the winter duvet on the bed, I just love being warm and cosy. I am still wearing gloves and 2 pairs of socks.

Rx

OMG thank god its not just me!!! I permantely have a hot water bottle attached to me and my snuggly fleece as become part of my 3 piece suite!!

My other half constantly complains because the hot water bottle is coming between us!!!!!! xxxxx

ALWAYS! Its pissing freezing in the UK! Haha

I am so cold too. At night I wear pyjamas. a dressing gown, bed socks a quilt a blanket and a hot water bottle! A bit of a passion killer me thinks!

Back