• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mood Swings

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Just wondering if anyone else has mood changes since WLS.

I seem to be having a day where I feel fed up and quite low for no reason.

This seems to be the case since my weight loss.

Does anyone else get like this,

I am overdue on my B12, but I can't see that's anything to do with it.

Absolutely..yes!
My partner of 24 years has noticed it a lot.
I was prescribed medication but I didn't want to take it,due to all regular meds.
I'd be very interested in hearing if others get mood swings too.
I've always wondered if its a vitamin definency thing.

I feel like this just now too, and my B12 is due so I wonder whether this does influence our moods. I read once that if you keep a smile on your face you start to feel happier so here you are :) :) :) lol.

I feel like this just now too, and my B12 is due so I wonder whether this does influence our moods. I read once that if you keep a smile on your face you start to feel happier so here you are :) :) :) lol.

Lol, I'm a sales manager, and tell my team to smile when they dial and it makes the call so much easier, but I'm on holiday this week, and today I have to say I feel like a miserable old git lol

Im only nearly 7 weeks post op but ye im always snapping then apologising then im happy then moody then happy again I don't know y but I hate it Im just so snappy but hopefully it will get better x

Oh yes, I do have them. There are days when I feel really low for no reason. Not sure if it's low sugar, or, as someone said above, vitamin deficiency.

My team did mention pre op that its quite common due to the rapid weight loss causing a chemical imbalance. But they did say that it evens out in the medium to long term.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My team did mention pre op that its quite common due to the rapid weight loss causing a chemical imbalance. But they did say that it evens out in the medium to long term.

That's good then, I can tell my fiance that he won't live with me being moody for ever... Lol

I've always been a stroppy bugger so its not really making much difference to my wife...

#4: B-Vitamins Deficiency: There is much research in Neuropsychiatry that proves the link between B-Vitamin deficiencies and mood disorders including depression. Buy gel capsules instead of tablets with at least 25 mg for each of the different B- Vitamins included in the formulation.

#3: Vitamin D Deficiency: Important to immune function, bones, and brain health. Sunlight is the richest source for natural Vitamin D. The Journal Clinical Nutrition in Jan 21st, 2013 published the result of research that analyzed over 18000 British citizens for Vitamin D deficiencies and associated mental disorders links. They found that a deficiency of Vitamin D was present in patients with depression and panic disorders. The study results stated that people who are deficient in Vitamin D are at higher risk for developing depression later in life. Most seniors are deficient in Vitamin D. Often people working long hours in offices are deficient as well. Get out in the sun. Take a walk during your lunch break or walk your dog. Play a game with your kids outside away from computers and the television. Get out of the house and into the sunshine. Just don't overdo it if you are sensitive to the sun. Overdoing it is not good either.

Back