• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone else put on weight with gastic bypass,im a bit annoyed with myself!!!

try not to pick :) because your pouch is small it feels constantly full and so you need to fill it with the right stuff :) happy shopping x

rainbow27 said:
also im not eating enough! i have just realised i have no interest in food i need to get into the way of making up nice high protein foods and enjoy them.. i go all day not eating i pick all day.. thats me ill be back next week to tell you about my loss! xx

Hi there,

Let us know how you get on ,
I'll be interested in knowing x

great thread...and honest too...just shows....this is not the easy way out!

Honestly? Since i left my husband at the end of October last year i reckon i've put about 8 - 10lbs on. No excuses, i've eaten carbs n crap! I gave myself the excuse that i didn't like the electric cooker so did 'pinging' microwave meals which as we all know fill at the time but slide through.

I knew i'd been making 'easy' choices and after christmas joined a slimming group that offered a 'high protein' diet. In the first week when i didn't really stick to the plan i lost 3lb (don't shoot me i had to go back to Wiltshire for 5 days to pack up all of my belongings, when you stop with family you eat what they eat). This week i've really focused on protein, i like cereal for breakfast but i've had egg/bacon etc, good protein. Sometimes i think about having something protein for food and my pouch tenses, but as B&R explained this is my head not my pouch. So i ignore it and chomp through it. I also am improving my fluid intake.

It was a big wake up call when my size 16 jeans were tight. Mom said not to worry but i told her straight. For 26 yrs my jeans have got tight so i brought bigger ones. I want smaller ones not larger....

So Emma, it's onwards and downwards for me and you chick. If you ever wanna chat you can pm me no problem or if you want an email so you can get a straight/swift answer then just pm me and ask for it hun xx

Jo Julie, glad to see you back on here after so long or have I just missed your posts? Hope life is better for you now & onwards & downwards it is with the weight. Penny.

Ive not gained a thing since surgery but these kind of posts are also a wake up call to me too it lets me know i have to stick to my new lifestyle in order to maintain where i am.

Jo Julie, glad to see you back on here after so long or have I just missed your posts? Hope life is better for you now & onwards & downwards it is with the weight. Penny.

Bless you Penny, my life has made a dramatic change in the last 3 months, but i'm getting there with it all. It's been a real eye opener for me and i have been really thankful for the friends who have been there for me. And it will be downwards and onwards xxx

Back