• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

More protein!?

JO28172

just checked my dogs gravy bones and they are 11% protein! :D.....<thinking> hmmmm....? :D

But seriously what's your favourite way of upping your protein levels everyone?

Hi jo
I have 1 protein whey powder drink every day, 80g of protein a serving. I have to hold my nose to drink it though!
Kim

Flippin heck no pain no gain tho Hun...tempted!!

80g in one serving just gives you very expensive wee LOL we cannot assimilate that much in one go. You should also clear that amount with your NUT, when you add in the protein from your food as well, unless you are working out quite heavily where you body is using the high level to repair itself you might be getting to a protein intake that could harm your renal system.

I would have a Fage yoghurt with some protein powder mixed in. It gives the yoghurt a nicer taste and ups the protein to a more usable 30g

Oops ive just had another look at my protein powder packet and its 80g of protein every 100g. One serving is 25g with milk, so thats 20g not 80g. Must read nutritional info more closely!!
Kim

Still sounding like protein powder would help boost me! Kim...what ya like lol. Looks like need to start looking into getting some powder! So long as I don't get the body builder stuff :) :D

I just have chicken or beef every day as along with my other food this brings me up to around 70/80 grms a day. Lucky I am a meat lover & can tolerate any kind, hey :):) xxx

I only ever get it to mid 40s at best!!!!! I know it's not essential as a bander but as its proven way of helping with weight loss I do want to do what I can! ...so far just relied on chicken breast a day and little bits elsewhere like babybel light etc... Xx

I only ever get it to mid 40s at best!!!!! I know it's not essential as a bander but as its proven way of helping with weight loss I do want to do what I can! ...so far just relied on chicken breast a day and little bits elsewhere like babybel light etc... Xx

If you are a tea drinker, it is easy to add a spoon or 2 of Marvel = 5grms, use Primula light cheese spread on either Melba toast or Carr's Melts = 5grms, bacon, cottage cheese, my favourite fillet steak, even baked beans. I know you are not one to do many home cooked meals, chick but it is a lot easier to use pulses if you do. Did you try a slow cooker? If you send me your email add I will send you the list of high protein foods I downloaded a few months ago & has been really helpful to me. You are doing really well, whatever you are doing, honey xxx :)

Oops ive just had another look at my protein powder packet and its 80g of protein every 100g. One serving is 25g with milk, so thats 20g not 80g. Must read nutritional info more closely!!
Kim

Thank goodness you really had me and your Kidneys worried for a second there :D:D:D

It is essential if you want to maximise your success. Protein is your friend and keeps you feeling fuller longer so it's a good idea to get in twice your current intake. It's easy to get more in, milk is your friend here xxx

Hi karlos i use protein drinks and get in around 90 to 100g a day, is this too much as im not doing much exercise yet?

eggs are high in protein... so you can have an egg with your lunch or breakfast... and you can have them hard boiled as a snack xx

Thanks Karlos...milky coffees it is then :)

Hi karlos i use protein drinks and get in around 90 to 100g a day, is this too much as im not doing much exercise yet?

Depends on a number of factors like how heavy you are etc, but my NUT recommended between 80 to 100 so you should be ok. Your bloods will indicate if your levels are ok when they next do them, but I wouldn't be too concerned at around 90 average per day.

Karlos said:
Depends on a number of factors like how heavy you are etc, but my NUT recommended between 80 to 100 so you should be ok. Your bloods will indicate if your levels are ok when they next do them, but I wouldn't be too concerned at around 90 average per day.

Phew thanks Karlos :) i have one dodgy kidney already so dont want the other one packing up

You should check with your team just to make sure. Diets too high in protein can be risky if you have renal complications. I'm sure you're OK but I'd still have a word to make certain xxx

I rely a lot on low fat cottage cheese and even more so on 0% fage yoghurt. I'm totally addicted to the fage and not only have it as a 'pud' but use it to make seafood sauce, add it to cauliflower to make cauliflower mash, use it on cereal etc. I eat chicken as well but it fills me really quickly and sometimes won't stay down so the soft cottage cheese and fage are my saviours. WW 0% yoghurt is also a good source of protein and they taste yum!

Back