• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

morning all wanted to ask did youhave to have

pinkylin

injections after you came out of hospital as im being told this is what you have to do where is it that you stick em yourself if you have gotta have em and do they really hurt im a lil bit scared of needles can you tell lol ive gotta go right now but will be bk on later to see if ive had any replys lol thanx if you do leave one and i will see you all later.
oh yeh 9dyas to go till i go for my assesment woop woop.x:p

The needles are as thin as a strand of hair and you can stick them anywhere - although I would not encourage sticking them up your fingernails as that is probably the most painfull place. I did my tummy, bum & thigh (Same places as my diabetic hubby). Nice soft flesh where the needle can slide in easily - they don't hurt and it's not for long!

I was a little nervous at first but after the first few days it didn't bother me at all.

Just had to inject in my tummy. It really is easy :D

I was told only the tummy as that is the only place they are licensed for. I found that putting them into stretch marks can be painful and cause bruising. After a couple of times of doing this and once I'd worked out why it was happening I avoided stretch marks at all costs. But always go by the advice given by your provider as where to put them. x x x x

I had to inject myself for 28 days Did it before I went bed in my stomach I had an ice cude at hand lol. and ended up with plenty of bruises

I ended up injecting Clexane for two months due to the extra surgery. They don't really hurt, especially if you do them yourself. I found the best place (and was also advised this by the hospital) was the lower part of the stomach. Pinch an inch of flesh and make sure the needle is at a 45 degree angle and it shouldn't hurt at all.

It does tend to leave little bruises but they soon go, you may find that if you let others do it they may not be so gentle and it could hurt. The nurses certainly hurt me the few times they did it.

I had them for 5 days post discharge. I am extremely needle phobic and couldn't do them myself or let hubby do them, so i made arrangements with my gp practice to go there every day or to the walk in centre to have them done. No probs.

Now, I'm on them again for pregnancy. Been on them since april and every morning I pootle off to the doctors or to the hospital before work. If they are done properly I don't even feel it. They are sub-cutaneous and very small needles.

Hi

I had to take them for 5 days post op. I was told to take a fold of your tummy and insert the needle into that, I was a bit weary but it was fine. If you ask the nurse to show you properly then maybe try the next one in their presence, Im sure you will be fine x

ahhhhhhhh thanx all for that i will ask the nurse to watch me do one on the day i leave to make sure im dooin it right lol cheers everyone your all stars.xxxxxxxxxx

Back